Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 week old RTL E. Out of the blue the rear seat cabin light stays lit after the front lights go out. The only way to turn it off is turning the master switch to off. In that case no lights, front or rear, will come on when the doors open. So now I'm either always on or always off. My 2011 Pilot did the same thing so I ended up turning the switch to off and never had the use of cabin lights when opening the door. Anyone elso experiencing this?

·
Registered
64 Posts
2 week old RTL E. Out of the blue the rear seat cabin light stays lit after the front lights go out. The only way to turn it off is turning the master switch to off. In that case no lights, front or rear, will come on when the doors open. So now I'm either always on or always off. My 2011 Pilot did the same thing so I ended up turning the switch to off and never had the use of cabin lights when opening the door. Anyone elso experiencing this?
Yes,
I had the same exact thing happen to mine. In my case, it was caused by my 10 year old son turning on the rear cabin lights and not turning them off.

·
Registered
544 Posts
That's funny...the first day I got my truck I noticed the back seat lights weren't going off, so I just set the switch to off and looked into it...hmmmm, thinking about it....are these lights actually in the "on" position? Yes they are. Push the lights in to turn off...problem solved. Hope the OP has the same thing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Brought mine in for service for the same issue. After they said no issues found and it works like it should now. Don't not know what the hell is going on.

·
Administrator
16,103 Posts
My rear cabin lights were left "on" from the factory as well, which I discovered the day I brought the truck home from the dealer. The front cabin lights were switched off. :) Simple fixes after setting both front and rear switches to the "door" position.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts