Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would never buy an RTL-E again way to much problems with all the added equipment. The RTL or RS is a much better truck and will give most people trouble free operation for the life of the truck. I have an 2017 RTL-E and it spends more time in the shop than it does at home.

·
Administrator
23,795 Posts
Most of the Ridgeline's problems are with equipment that is common to all trims such as:

• Transmission and torque converter
  • Fuel injectors
  • Water leaks
  • Rear view camera wiring harness
  • Start/stop button
  • Fuel pump chirp
  • Hood flutter/vibration
  • Unexpected alarms
  • Rear wiring harness recall
  • Fuel pump recall
  • Timing belt recall

Very few problems are unique to equipment that is exclusive to the higher trims.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
478 Posts
I would never buy an RTL-E again way to much problems with all the added equipment. The RTL or RS is a much better truck and will give most people trouble free operation for the life of the truck. I have an 2017 RTL-E and it spends more time in the shop than it does at home.
That's vague.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Assuming you're referring to Honda Sensing, all of these features can be turned off or not used (except for CMBS which must be turned off each time the vehicle is restarted). Since the 2020 model year, Honda Sensing is standard on all trims.
Like others have said, a pretty vague post, so, is it the nannies that are giving the OP the problems, lots of complaints over the years? This is but one reason we will never purchase a newer model Ridgeline than our 19.
Bill

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Most of the Ridgeline's problems are with equipment that is common to all trims such as:

• Fuel injectors
  • Water leaks
  • Start/stop button
  • Fuel pump chirp
  • Hood flutter/vibration
  • Unexpected alarms
  • Fuel pump recall
  • Timing belt recall

Very few problems are unique to equipment that is exclusive to the higher trims.
You forgot:
  • No respect from BoF truck people and reviewers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry for your problems. No car model performs perfectly for every buyer.

That said, my '21 RTL-e has been flawless. I like some of the nannies, but they all can be turned off if desired.
I agree love my rtl e people might benefit from researching a bit more. All the nannie whines were there when you test drove. I mean lotta money not to love it top to bottom. imho good luck finding the ride for you. I found mine Z

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
210 Posts
The only thing I don’t like about the RTL-E is the moonroof. In my mind, doesn’t need it. Already has four windows that go all the way down and a fifth rear window. I don’t like that the moonroof opens automatically with all four windows and only way to disable it is to pull the fuse. Also don’t like that the moonroof cuts down on hauling weight.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The only thing I don’t like about the RTL-E is the moonroof. In my mind, doesn’t need it. Already has four windows that go all the way down and a fifth rear window. I don’t like that the moonroof opens automatically with all four windows and only way to disable it is to pull the fuse. Also don’t like that the moonroof cuts down on hauling weight.
We love the moon roof. Shows, different stroke for different folks.

Not sure what you mean with the moon roof opening automatically with 4 windows though.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
210 Posts
Not sure what you mean with the moon roof opening automatically with 4 windows though.
There’s a way to use either the fob or the metal key and you can automatically open all windows (except rear) and moonroof at the same time. Can also close them all at same time but only with the metal key. It’s a nice feature if you want to vent your truck when hot out.

·
Registered
2022 RTL-E HPD, aka Ceres
1 Posts
I am going for a vehicle buyback based on the moonroof issues. The moon only shows up maybe 1 out of 10 times when I slide back the shade. How am I going to consistently be a werewolf as Halloween approaches.
Honda Sensing Lycanthropy is only available on the Black Edition.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Havent had anything break yet, but the RTLE's "premium stereo/entertainment" is anything but.. Domestic brands have much better offerings in that dept surprisingly for similarly priced vehicles.
Honda Sense is junk for the most part, false alarms on the braking especially. Lane keep works ok, but I wouldn't trust it 100% of the time so no point in using it.
I wish OEM radios werent so tied into everything these days so we could easily swap in a nice 10" kenwood/alpine and not lose half the features of the truck.

·
Registered
77 Posts

• Fuel injectors
  • Water leaks
  • Start/stop button
  • Fuel pump chirp
  • Hood flutter/vibration
  • Unexpected alarms
  • Fuel pump recall
  • Timing belt recall

Maybe you got a lemon It happens to all makers

1 - 20 of 66 Posts