Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was poking around cars.com yesterday to see if the inventory of RTL-E's had increased since I bought mine. I noticed a number of them had an MSRP of $42,410. The sticker on mine was $42,270. I went to Honda's site to "build" one and sure enough, the price was up $100 and the Destination charge was up $40. WTF?

·
Registered
269 Posts
RTL-T AWD also went up $100 on the MSRP and $40 on the destination. Talk about a quiet price increase.

They did publish a new price list on the hondanews dot com site on Jan 4

·
Registered
711 Posts
Supply and demand, Honda can't keep up with demand for the RTL-E. I was on the waiting list for 2 months for one at one dealer, then it showed up at another dealer. Got it because the person it was slated for, their financing fell through, my lucky X-mas present. My original dealer is still waiting for theirs to show up. These are usually sold before they roll off the truck.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,899 Posts
Right now I'm guessing the market would bear a whole lot more there's such pent-up demand, especially for RTL-Es. I wonder if it isn't some sort of regulation/tax increase that they are passing along. If they were really trying to make more money they'd raise it more than that. It came with the first business day of the new year.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Elasticity of demand dictates how much you can raise the cost. Since the discussion is only on the -E there are other options so perhaps there is other ways to satisfy the demand. I bought a -T because I did not want to wait for a -E, ya know?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,899 Posts
Elasticity of demand dictates how much you can raise the cost. Since the discussion is only on the -E there are other options so perhaps there is other ways to satisfy the demand. I bought a -T because I did not want to wait for a -E, ya know?
But you didn't have the option of an RTL-E. The real dilemma presents itself when you have the option: the RTL-E at $42,270 + $500 (for example) or the RTL-T at its pre-Jan. 4 price? Since this is make-believe, whichever one you choose you take delivery of in two weeks.

Luckily I don't have to predict the demand for different models of Ridgelines. My only point was that if you're raising for profit, I think you raise more than $140. That's less than 0.50% on the RTL-E.

·
Registered
293 Posts
But you didn't have the option of an RTL-E. The real dilemma presents itself when you have the option: the RTL-E at $42,270 + $500 (for example) or the RTL-T at its pre-Jan. 4 price? Since this is make-believe, whichever one you choose you take delivery of in two weeks.

Luckily I don't have to predict the demand for different models of Ridgelines. My only point was that if you're raising for profit, I think you raise more than $140. That's less than 0.50% on the RTL-E.
But you have the option of the -T, if you don't want to wait or if you don't like the price increase. That limits how much you can increase the price of the -E. Sure I don't have all the options the -E has but I only wanted about 1/4 of them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Or you can do what I'm doing and buying an f 150 lariat. F Honda. Have had 2 ridgeline sand HATE Honda for the games they are playing. Good luck you're gonna need it w Honda

·
Registered
50 Posts
Or you can do what I'm doing and buying an f 150 lariat. F Honda. Have had 2 ridgeline sand HATE Honda for the games they are playing. Good luck you're gonna need it w Honda
Hahahaha, I love these comments, they cheer up my day, thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Car prices typically go up several times between their initial model year rollout and the next year coming out.

One of the tricks is to raise the prices at the end of the model year just before the new model year comes out so manufacturers can "only" raise the new models price a "little bit" over the last year model. Seen it time and time again.

·
Super Moderator
5,338 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went with the RTL-T, did not want to pay the additional 4K for the E model and the dealership had that ugly white color for the E's

·
Registered
293 Posts
I went with the RTL-T, did not want to pay the additional 4K for the E model and the dealership had that ugly white color for the E's
I would love some of the toys on the -E but I am fairly sure the beeping when I left lanes or was backing into my garage would have driven me mad.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I would love some of the toys on the -E but I am fairly sure the beeping when I left lanes or was backing into my garage would have driven me mad.

LOL I always joke that lane assist beeping sounds would be annoying as they'd constantly be going off... and that roads have rumble strips for a reason!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts