Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe your 2019 is different than my 2018, but I don't have to do anything to get to the Big Clock display, assuming it was showing when I last turned off. When I start, I get a "Honda Link" display for a couple of seconds, an "OK" display button for a while longer, then it goes to the Main Screen, either by itself or my pressing the screen. Next, it goes to Info by itself if I don't select anything, then goes to Clock/Wallpaper if I don't select anything. The whole process seems to take 15-20 seconds, no button pushing needed. Patience works.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have yet to set up the Honda voice recognition for my cell. Maybe this weekend.
In my experience, it doesn't work well. I'd categorize my voice as being the most generic American English voice possible, so I'd expect it to have good results. However, it never recognizes anything I say. I could say "Banana", and it would hear "orange"......It's never even close.

If there's an upside, I've called many long-lost business contacts from 20 years ago.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My Android phone used on my 2014 Civic without Android Car Play is horrible. It calls people I never asked it to dial. I end up putting the blue tooth in my ear and dialing my phone before I start the car. When I don't it goes right to the car blue tooth, but if I'm backing up or turning right from a stop light I can't transfer it to by ear until the screen is free. I hope I don't have the same problem with my 2019 RL. I guess I should be more clear, I dial the phone then back the car out of the garage, or dial the phone while I am at a stop light, not while I am driving, either forward or in reverse. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'll address #5 & #6 -

I believe I remember hearing that Eco mode just changes the throttle mapping - I've found that I get better mileage with eco mode off and a very light foot

Trunk smell - good luck! It's just as strong on my two year old 2017 as day one. You can air it out, and it may diminish for a short time, but, like Arnold, it'll be back!
This might be a lot thre but
Hi all, I'm sure I could dig through these forums and find the answers to these questions, but I figured I'd see if anyone can answer them quickly for me. I'm about a week in (450 miles!) on my new RTL-E. So far, I love it, and have no real complaints. But I do have some questions / confusions that I'd love some help on:

1) The stereo console:

No, it isn't perfect. It's slow, and non-intuitive. But I don't hate it. But I can't figure a few things out. First, the clock / wallpaper thing. I have yet to figure out how to display the clock as a default 'home' screen. Is this possible? The only way I can display the large clock is by going through about 5 or 6 button presses. What's the deal?

2) The center console display (under speedometer). Is there a way to change what information you can have there? The only options I have are compass, tire pressure, oil, and trip odometers. Is that customizable at all?

3) On the intelligent cruise control....do any of you know if the rear brake lights illuminate when the truck automatically slows down to stay on speed or if a car in front slows unexpectedly? Just curious if a car behind me would know I was slowing down if it was being done by the ACC.

4) Headlight / Tai light blinking when locking / unlocking remotely. Is this an option? I haven't found it. Sometimes when I'm walking away I want to make sure the car is locked, and having the lights blink is a good indicator. Doesn't seem to do this.

5) Eco Mode? Does this just turn off a couple of the cylinders?

6) Trunk lights / Trunk smell. I know there are a lot of threads on this. I just can't seem to get rid of that smell! I can't put anything in there yet. Tried Ozium and Green Clean, etc. I was going to leave the trunk open overnight to air it out but worried the batter will drain, I can't seem to have the trunk open without the bed lights staying on.

I think that's it for now. I'm sure there will be more. Thanks in advance!
My 2022 is the same but it's going away and mixing the smell with the spare tire

21 - 25 of 25 Posts