Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought the RTL-E (2018) was supposed to come with moisture sensing wipers, but there is no indication of that on my truck. The stalk just says INT and they don't seem to sense moisture. Am I doing something wrong or did it not come with the vehicle? It wasn't offered as a standalone option when I ordered.

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
Only the Canadian Ridgeline has rain-sensing wipers. US models get speed-sensitive intermittent wipers.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only the Canadian Ridgeline has rain-sensing wipers. US models get speed-sensitive intermittent wipers.
Sheesh. I should have bought the truck in Canada and brought it back. The differences between models sold in the two countries is kind of confounding.

Thanks for the information.

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
Sheesh. I should have bought the truck in Canada and brought it back. The differences between models sold in the two countries is kind of confounding.

Thanks for the information.
Yeah, Honda considers the US and Canada to be two different markets. Canucks demand features while 'Mericans demand low prices. :)

The following features are unique to the Canadian Ridgeline.

• Heated windshield wiper area
  • Ventilated front seats
  • Power folding mirrors
  • Rear climate control panel
  • Heated rear seats
  • CD player (accessory for US models)
  • Rain-sensing wipers
  • Dual note horns
  • Turn signals in the mirrors
  • Splash guards (accessory for US models)
  • Low washer fluid level indicator
  • Larger washer fluid tank (1.4 gallons vs. 1.0 gallon)
  • Electronic heated seat controls with three settings vs. a rocker switch with two settings
  • Heated seats automatically turn on during a remote start when it's cold

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, Honda considers the US and Canada to be two different markets. Canucks demand features while 'Mericans demand low prices. :)
I just wish some of those things were options.
Ahh well...

I wonder if some of those couldn't be installed in the American cars without a great deal of hassle.

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
I just wish some of those things were options.
Ahh well...

I wonder if some of those couldn't be installed in the American cars without a great deal of hassle.
Mechanically, yes. Electrically, no. The wiring harnesses between the US and Canadian versions are different. There are no "spare" connectors in the US versions to connect Canadian-specific features. Even if you changed the wiring harnesses, the programming in various modules is different. The Honda Diagnostic System will only allow modules to be programmed based on the VIN, so you couldn't load Canadian programming into a US Ridgeline in an effort to get the Canadian features to work.

The only exception is the CD player since it's available as an accessory for US models.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mechanically, yes. Electrically, no. The wiring harnesses between the US and Canadian versions are different. There are no "spare" connectors in the US versions to connect Canadian-specific features. Even if you changed the wiring harnesses, the programming in various modules is different. The Honda Diagnostic System will only allow modules to be programmed based on the VIN, so you couldn't load Canadian programming into a US Ridgeline in an effort to get the Canadian features to work.

The only exception is the CD player since it's available an accessory for US models.
I was thinking of getting one of the Canadian mirrors to play with and see if it could be wired in and just controlled with a switch. Then again, might be more trouble that its worth. I agree with you that swapping harnesses or trying to change the programming is going to be extremely difficult at best.

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
The reason why the Canadian Touring, equivalent to the American RTL-E with running board and a hitch costs 10K more. The CA is $51,531.64 and the Americal RTL-E is $42,363.00.

Funny thing is, with the conversion rate, the Canadian Touring is about $40,905.76 USD. Go figure. Cheaper, but cant have it. Maybe you should have bought it in Canada and drove it here lol. Not sure how the registration would work though and knowing how our DMVs work, you maybe able to.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Interestingly, when comparing...we only compared 2 regions ( U.S & Canada)...I seems to recalled...There is another country that do get the Ridgeline...Paraguay ?

http://www.vicar.com.py/vicar/new/ridgeline.html

features compared to the U.S ?? :nerd:

Not going into minute details...:nerd:

But my Canadian BE out the door price was pretty much similar to USA MSRP price alone. (Conversion rates and based on 13% tax..other Provinces have even less tax rates)

So that was -->> More features AND costs less. :nerd: >:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
[FONT="Arial][/FONT][/CENTER][QUOTE="zroger73, post: 2854777, member: 9879"]Yeah, Honda considers the US and Canada to be two different markets. Canucks demand features while 'Mericans demand low prices. :)[/quote]

Wow... I would want everyone of the Canadian standard options!​

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow. I just bought the 2018 LTL-E Ridgeline. I'm very happy so far with the vehicle, but disappointed that Honda did not offer the same options to the American market? They are assembled in Alabama. What's up Honda?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts