Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RTL
77 Posts
Very nice! Glad it all worked out. Definitely adding this to the project list. When you mention replacing all bulbs with LEDs do you mean that the factory mirror lights are incandescent? What bulbs did you end up using as replacement?

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Mirror lights are led and they are polarity sensitive. The other lights I changed were Alla lights from Amazon. They’re bright and easy to determine parking light from turn signal light. I also used them for rear turn and reverse lights.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Every vehicle we've had since 1996, with the exception of my two Ridgeline, has included turn signal lights either on the front fenders or rear view mirrors from the factory. I'm convinced they help alert other motorist of our intentions to turn or change lanes and have hesitated to buy Muth or other under-the-glass LED conversions because I have concerns about their visibility in sunlight.

Well done @Pairofkings!

Reactions: Pairofkings

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have a face for radio and a voice that would make your hair curl. LOL. I’m not the guy for a video, but I’ll be happy to offer assistance to anyone that asks. Truth be told when I looked into my RH mirror and asked, who is the greatest car modifier ever....it broke right in my hand. 🤣

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
I have a 2018 RTL-E in White Diamond Pearl, first thing I need to figure out is if there are Pilot Elite mirror covers available in the appropriate color. If not, the the cost of having covers repainted makes the project a no-go for me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a face for radio and a voice that would make your hair curl. LOL. I’m not the guy for a video, but I’ll be happy to offer assistance to anyone that asks. Truth be told when I looked into my RH mirror and asked, who is the greatest car modifier ever....it broke right in my hand. 🤣
Fair enough ! Lol

·
Registered
2019 RTL
77 Posts
Hondaautomotiveparts.com

I have been ordering online from them for almost 20 years. Though lately I have been using bernardi honda on some items because of the shipping.

MSM L 76251-TG7-A31ZC
MSM R. 76201-TG7-A21ZC

Part numbers all appear to be the same only the last letter changes for color. color codes:

White Diamond. E
Crystal Black. D
Modern Steel. C
Copperhead Red. K
Lunar Silver. B
Black Forest. F
Obsidian Blue. H
Steel Sapphire. G

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hondaautomotiveparts.com

I have been ordering online from them for almost 20 years. Though lately I have been using bernardi honda on some items because of the shipping.

MSM L 76251-TG7-A31ZC
MSM R. 76201-TG7-A21ZC

Part numbers all appear to be the same only the last letter changes for color. color codes:

White Diamond. E
Crystal Black. D
Modern Steel. C
Copperhead Red. K
Lunar Silver. B
Black Forest. F
Obsidian Blue. H
Steel Sapphire. G

This is just the upper parts correct? We would still need to purchase the lighted section? I guess after reading this thread 12 times, I'm still confused on what items are needed.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The upper cap for each side (in your body color) and the light assembly for each side Four parts total.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It SEEMS that for my RTL-T it will be a lot easier considering I do not have folding or heated mirrors. I think a simple fuse tap to the turn signal fuse should be suffice. Minus the likely mission of running the wires through the grommets. Now I’m off to find the fuse if any for the turn signals. :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
It SEEMS that for my RTL-T it will be a lot easier considering I do not have folding or heated mirrors. I think a simple fuse tap to the turn signal fuse should be suffice. Minus the likely mission of running the wires through the grommets. Now I’m off to find the fuse if any for the turn signals. :)
You have folding mirrors. Just NOT power folding mirrors.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
77 Posts
My parts arrived yesterday. Im excited to get to work on this project. Unfortunately one of the mirror caps came damaged, so they are shipping a replacement. I think I may still start on the driver side and have one signal mirror for a bit, guess it's better than no signal mirrors...

20200914_125159.jpg

I did some digging around in the online service manual and found some good news for anyone else that wants to tackle this upgrade. There are left and right turn signal wires located at the interior fuse box. I tested my mine with a test light, and they are energized when the signals are on. Im not sure if all models are the same but I would think they would be for exterior lights. Picture of my 19 RTL fuse box below.

20200913_161552.jpg

21 - 40 of 51 Posts