Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are being offered the following deal on RTL w/ Navi (Silver Grey) at a Bay Area Honda dealer:

31,000 + Sales Tax + "Accessories @ cost"

Given the experience of other recent buyers in this forum, is this a good deal? We want to close the deal by tomorrow if it looks like a good deal.

thanks
-Bay Area, CA

·
Registered
626 Posts
That's a good deal, unless they overcharge you for the accessories (which is what they'll try to do to make up for giving you the truck for slightly under invoice). Make sure to price out your accessories online at the Honda website (where you can build your own Ridgeline), and don't pay any more than Honda's listed prices -- which doesn't include installation, but you can make your dealership break it down for you.

I went to a dealership here in SoCal that was going to give me the RTL Navi at invoice, but their "at cost" prices for accessories (the numbers they're "not supposed to show me") were already marked up from Honda's website; the prices with installation were even more ridiculous. I found a dealership (Thousand Oaks) that listed their accessories at the exact same price as Honda's, and the cost with installation was about what the first dealerships so-called "at cost" prices were!!

Good luck! Hope you love your truck, as we all do!! :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
I found my RL on Autotraderonline.com from some Chicago area Honda dealer. They sell like 300 cars a month, so they say. I got my RL with Sunroof for just under $29K. So, it sounds to me like you are getting the same great deal I did! BUY IT, BUY IT!!

And reap the rewards!

But be careful with those accessories. Get them from somewhere else, not Honda....

G

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
palo-alto said:
We are being offered the following deal on RTL w/ Navi (Silver Grey) at a Bay Area Honda dealer:

Given the experience of other recent buyers in this forum, is this a good deal? We want to close the deal by tomorrow if it looks like a good deal.

thanks
-Bay Area, CA
Hi palo-alto,

Was it around 33557.50 out the door? We paid 30,147 out the door for our RTS but did not get any accessories. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you all for the good advice. i will go check on the accessories - i had
Tonneau Cover
wheel locks
rear seat storage
splash guard
carpets

so that should come to about 1500 or so and looks like htey are making $200 on top of that - lets see if they will knock off another 500-750 off the total price -

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my math says a good deal looks like:

31,159 invoice minus 1/2 holdback etc = 30,000 plus
Accessories at cost = 1500
Tax/Fees (8.25% + DMV) = 3100

Grand total = 34,600

still "sounds" too high for RTL w/ Nav + Tonneau cover.

comments?

Given the high gasoline prices and the declining sales of Trucks and SUVs, the dealers will likely get more "incentives" from the manufacturers...

i think i will buy at 33,500 out the door.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I paid almost $42K out the door for my RTL with Navi -- of course, I also had a bunch of options installed (roof rack, running boards, fog lights, rear-view camera, metallic trim, bed extender, rear mud flaps). I paid $100 over invoice, and didn't get too reamed on the installation of the options... but man, LA taxes took a big bite!

I still think I got a good deal. I couldn't have negotiated better if I'd tried -- only one dealership in the LA area had the RTL Navi in blue, which is what I wanted.

Besides, when you pay for quality, you only cry once! (I'm paraphrasing someone's signature, which is a great reminder of what a fine quality product we've all purchased.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
PALO is right on, EVERY dealer will now sell for invoice, I can name four in central Jersey right now, and the trick is to try to split the holdback with them, which is generally thought with Honda to be 3%. As others have suggested, forget trade-in, forget accessories, buy them somewhere else at a better price. What we don't know is what incentives Honda is giving or will give directly to the dealer, that's hard to discover. But rest assured, until next October, the true sale price on the Ridgeline is NOT going to go up, and may go down to actual dealer's cost.

·
Registered
41 Posts
According to the www.edmunds.com website there is a manufacturer to dealer incentive of $1000.

The link is attached.

I am going to wait until the end of the month to purchase my Ridgeline.

David

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got my RTL in Fremont across the Bay for 29,000 with Navi. Try shopping on the dealers internet sites and don't be in a hurry. My price started at 31,000 and went down to 29,000 after 3 weeks of not responding to the internet sales agent.

Good luck--I'm very happy with the truck, but ended up not buying the Navi and opted for aftermarket Pioneer AVIC-Z1. So I payed 27,000 for RTL with no Navi and then paid 2,800 to have the AVIC-Z1 and XM and ipod adapter installed. If you like your ipod--forget about the stock Honda Navi unit.

·
Registered
349 Posts
palo-alto said:

thanks
-Bay Area, CA
For an '06 RTL w/Navi, running boards and a bed extender I paid $31,000. Here is another thread...
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8557&highlight=good+deal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts