Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is a great forum and I've been getting a lot of info from this site.
I just about to decide to get a RTL Ridgeline with MoonRoof, XM & Navi.
I got this quote from a car dealer in Dallas and would love to know what you all think:

Price: $29,665 + D&H:$550 + sales tax:6.25% + tag & license:$250 = around $32,300.00.

Do you think this is a fair price? I just started shopping and this is the first quote I got.

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought my RTL in August and the going rate seemed to be about $500 over invoice. I've seen prices less than that since then. Use Kelly blue book and Edmunds.com to get an idea on invoice price. Hope you can find a price to your liking, it's a great truck.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Much better than I paid for my RTL in Dallas 4-5 months ago.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I got the RTL without Navi, but got everything else. The ones with Navi were selling for $2K more than mine. What you are paying is what I paid for mine. Your'e getting an awesome deal.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
That is definitely a good deal and makes my truck another $1000 more expensive than it will probably be worth any time soon, good thing I refuse to let it go anyway. MINE MINE MINE! Back on subject, the important thing about making a deal on a car in my opinion is if you are comfortable with the price you are about to pay. Don't spend a lot of time worrying about someone else got for a deal, there are so many factors you can not account for that go into each deal that doing comparisons are very hard and will often leave you wasting far more time than is really necessary. Set your price, work from there. And when you get what you wanted, enjoy it.

No matter what you pay, this is a great truck, and I am sure you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here are my quotes in Dallas, TX for RTL Green (no MR\NAV or any accessories) . Got quoted on line or on phone and didn't haggle on these so there is room to haggle in these prices (TTL is not included).

Dealer A 28600 (costco price)
Dealer B 27843
Dealer C 28878
Dealer D 27803
Dealer E 28100
Dealer F 28000 (in store for an hour... :eek: )

For MR and NAV: 30673 plus TTL

·
Registered
802 Posts
twbradford said:
Here are my quotes in Dallas, TX for RTL Green (no MR\NAV or any accessories) . Got quoted on line or on phone and didn't haggle on these so there is room to haggle in these prices (TTL is not included).

Dealer A 28600 (costco price)
Dealer B 27843
Dealer C 28878
Dealer D 27803
Dealer E 28100
Dealer F 28000 (in store for an hour... :eek: )

For MR and NAV: 30673 plus TTL
Does that include destination? I don't have my numbers right here in front of me, but for an RTL w/o MR&XM, I was at $29,091 out the door. So back out the $550 destination, $1,300 in tax, $120 in title /liscense /'doucment fees' / etc., plus $169 for already installed mudflaps and that's what I paid for base. I guess that takes out about $2100, so a base of ~$27,000?

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I purchased RL Nav in mid August, sales were low, there were several local and national news articles that RL pricing needed to be more attractive to increase sales and Honda had a $1k holdback bonus for dealers. I got interested and bought for invoice (many thanks to ROC members).

According to Edmunds, RL Nav invoice is $31,164 so you are at about 1200 under invoice. Even back when I bought, there were posts that folks had gotten $1k under invoice, but you have to decide when you want delivery what price and what dealer .

Honda has been marketing the RL in an unusual way. The 06 was introduced in March 05 which is very early for the model year and even for Honda new vehicle introductions. Other 06 Honda models like the Civic and Accord are only just being introduced. While the early adopters may have paid more they enjoyed an extended model year. While there may be some regret that prices have normalized, imagine if the the RL intro was called a 2005-1/2....you'd really see some price difference between the intro and current RL even though mechanically same vehicle.

Getting back to what price good, prices will continue to drop due to depreciation....best price will be just before 07s come out whenever that is. Bottom line is, RL is a terrific vehicle (truck, SUV, SAV, pick-up, whatever) with combination of safety features, comfort, utility, passenger carrying ability unmatched by any other vehicle that I could find. What is that worth to you?

By the way, you all are doing your homework.
Good luck and good hunting... It is a worthy trophy!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
My wife and I finalized a deal in McKinney last night for Silver RTL/Navi/moonroof for $29,700(plusttl). We are happy with this deal, but I am not sure if that is the best deal to be had in Dallas.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Curly Woods,

Thanks for your post. I will be heading up to Honda of Mckinney to get an RTL w\o NAV or MR for 27,800....but it will have mud flaps, tint, rack and of course the obligatory paint and fabric coatings.

Did you get yours at Honda of Mckinney?

Hey I bought at your store several months back...you may not remember me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I remember the last name, but I am better at remembering faces :)

Yes we were going to buy from Lute Riley, but the deal at McKinney sounded about as good as I thought that we should expect and they are here in McKinney. I am not sure how soon ours will arrive, but we are both excited to get it. Does anyone have a source for aluminum running boards?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for your great advices & info. I've decided to put down the deposit
for a white RTL with Navi & MoonRoof. I did not add any extra accesories for the car except the dealer installed mud guards (front & rear) & wheel locks. The final
drive out price I got is $32,075. ( $29400 price + destination & handling charge + ttl ). I'm happy with the price & buying process. I got the deal from David McDavid Honda in Irving, Texas.
I will officially a Ridgeline owner tomorrow :)

Ankaa

1 - 13 of 13 Posts