Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad I found this wonderful site. Lots of great info. Anyway, I've been to a couple of dealers in my area (Tampa Bay, FL) and the best quote I can get for a RTL is 31900 Plus TT&L. Options include, tow package, auto day/night mirror, rear back up sensors and rear mud guards. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
frank24828 said:
Glad I found this wonderful site. Lots of great info. Anyway, I've been to a couple of dealers in my area (Tampa Bay, FL) and the best quote I can get for a RTL is 31900 Plus TT&L. Options include, tow package, auto day/night mirror, rear back up sensors and rear mud guards. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks all.
Not sure what to say on the price, I assume this is an RTL without SR or Nav but you didn't really say. There are three RTL models. Does the quote include the options, destination...? To me it doesn't seem like a bad price but depends on the specifics.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I shopped dealers from tampa bay to gainesville,via internet when the Ridge first came out.Bought from my local dealer,paid M.S.R.P.however got some options thrown in for the price.They installed the rest of my options at H.&A.'s online price.In this area check the dealer's fees,in one case they were$500.

You should be able to get a better price now,espically given the info on this site.Good luck,I know you'll love the truck.I didn't feel bad paying m.s.r.p. for mine.It's been the best vehicle yet,and I don't get gushy over cars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the 31900 was for the RTL with the options listed. Interesed enought I jost got another qutoe for the same vehicle for $28900 for truck with options. total out the door is at 31260. This is the RTL without sunroo nand NAV.
Thansk...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am a new owner - this is my first post. Just bought a RTL/SR for invoice last week in Iowa. The truck already had rear mud guards ($92) and paint sealant ($345) on it. I did NOT pay for those items and they were not included in the invoice. (I would have ordered the mudguards, so they screwed up by adding them as soon as they received the vehicle.)

There was one little hiccup in the deal. I had told the salesman I would pay only invoice and he knew I was serious. He made a couple of quick trips to the "back office" and ultimately showed me a price that was the same I had confirmed as invoice on an RTL/SR and we agreed we had a deal. I gave him $500 and we made an appointment for me to pick up the truck in two days. We were a little rushed, as it was just past closing time for the dealership and he seemed anxious to go. It wasn't until I was my car that I remembered the infamous "document fee" - we hadn't discussed it. Sure enough, when I went to pick up the truck, there was a $185 "administrative fee" on the paperwork. I just said I wouldn't pay it and the clerk said "OK, just give me a moment to redo the paperwork." The last car I bought (different dealer) only had a $25 fee - I didn't pay that one either. Some dealers may be tougher on this aspect.

I lurked at this site for a couple of nights before I went to buy. It is an outstanding resource. I will be returning for more info on accessories (esp. a bed cover) and to follow others experiences living long term with the RL.

I don't believe that it is necessary to pay more than invoice at this time, though that might change soon. (Will the dealer incentive be gone Sept. 1?)

My truck had 5 miles - now 145. Love it so far. The bed is still virgin. Mostly, I have been running short errands and listening to the "40's" o the XM radio. (In fact, it might as well not have any other stations!)

L

·
0 Posts
HondaJet said:
I am a new owner - this is my first post. Just bought a RTL/SR for invoice last week in Iowa. The truck already had rear mud guards ($92) and paint sealant ($345) on it. I did NOT pay for those items and they were not included in the invoice. (I would have ordered the mudguards, so they screwed up by adding them as soon as they received the vehicle.)

There was one little hiccup in the deal. I had told the salesman I would pay only invoice and he knew I was serious. He made a couple of quick trips to the "back office" and ultimately showed me a price that was the same I had confirmed as invoice on an RTL/SR and we agreed we had a deal. I gave him $500 and we made an appointment for me to pick up the truck in two days. We were a little rushed, as it was just past closing time for the dealership and he seemed anxious to go. It wasn't until I was my car that I remembered the infamous "document fee" - we hadn't discussed it. Sure enough, when I went to pick up the truck, there was a $185 "administrative fee" on the paperwork. I just said I wouldn't pay it and the clerk said "OK, just give me a moment to redo the paperwork." The last car I bought (different dealer) only had a $25 fee - I didn't pay that one either. Some dealers may be tougher on this aspect.

I lurked at this site for a couple of nights before I went to buy. It is an outstanding resource. I will be returning for more info on accessories (esp. a bed cover) and to follow others experiences living long term with the RL.

I don't believe that it is necessary to pay more than invoice at this time, though that might change soon. (Will the dealer incentive be gone Sept. 1?)

My truck had 5 miles - now 145. Love it so far. The bed is still virgin. Mostly, I have been running short errands and listening to the "40's" o the XM radio. (In fact, it might as well not have any other stations!)
Welcome to the ROC family HondaJet..we're glad you're here.
Enjoy the ride!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Proud to say I'm a new Ridgeline Owner. Good bye FORD!! After some haggling I got my Ridgeline RTL with sunroof. Didn't get the Nav since most of my out of town trips are on my Minivan which already has GPS. Got mine in red rock pearl and what a beauty!! Drives like a dream and the XM is a nice bonus. :D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts