Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, has anyone else made a frankingrille by taking the SE center/mesh section and swapping the chrome RTL grille trim to it?

I just did it, and I love it. I would've stuck with the entire sport/SE grille setup, but the metallic in the black was going to look tacky with the alabaster silver, no matter what I did. I decided to get creative and have the chrome trim and the sexy black SE mesh (bye bye RTL "wings")

Takes a bit of patience to swap the trim pieces, but I'm glad I did. Anyone with a black RTL want a nice black trim RTL grille to ditch the chrome? Pics coming as soon as photobucket stops sucking.

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,894 Posts
There has been some other Grill Parts and Pieces built and shown off on here. If I find them I'll add some links.

· Registered
2014 Sport
4,393 Posts
So, has anyone else made a frankingrille by taking the SE center/mesh section and swapping the chrome RTL grille trim to it?

I just did it, and I love it. I would've stuck with the entire sport/SE grille setup, but the metallic in the black was going to look tacky with the alabaster silver, no matter what I did. I decided to get creative and have the chrome trim and the sexy black SE mesh (bye bye RTL "wings")

Takes a bit of patience to swap the trim pieces, but I'm glad I did. Anyone with a black RTL want a nice black trim RTL grille to ditch the chrome? Pics coming as soon as photobucket stops sucking.
Pictures????

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks really nice! I'm not sure the effect would be as clean looking with the alabaster silver, though. I wanted the black, but that involves another $200+ in headlights, and the chrome looks a lot more at home on it without the gold "wings" in the center.

· Registered
68 Posts
I want to do this so bad....but I too want to upgrade the lights while I'm in there and I just spent a grip on a Griots Garage orbital polisher setup. Next year maybe. I would like to see photos in the daylight if you can.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.