Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2012 RTL but have always been drawn to the aesthetic of the Sport model front end; black grille and the absence of any and all chrome. I bought the RTL model, however, because I preferred leather and navigation. 2 years later, and with the introduction of the SE model, which is essentially what I'm now trying to create, I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with either OEM replacement of the headlamps or conversion of the chrome accents found within the RTL headlamps over to black. I hope this makes sense. My preference, of course, would be to not order brand new headlamps, but rather retrofit the existing. Any and all guidance is greatly appreciated. I've already ordered the grille, and would like to address the headlamp conversion at the same time as grille swap. Thanks! Juan

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,806 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
To me, baking is not worth the hassle. I would just buy new Sport Headlamps and swap them same time as grill.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I own a 2012 RTL but have always been drawn to the aesthetic of the Sport model front end; black grille and the absence of any and all chrome. I bought the RTL model, however, because I preferred leather and navigation. 2 years later, and with the introduction of the SE model, which is essentially what I'm now trying to create, I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with either OEM replacement of the headlamps or conversion of the chrome accents found within the RTL headlamps over to black. I hope this makes sense. My preference, of course, would be to not order brand new headlamps, but rather retrofit the existing. Any and all guidance is greatly appreciated. I've already ordered the grille, and would like to address the headlamp conversion at the same time as grille swap. Thanks! Juan

Have you completed this conversion yet? If so please post pics. I am in the same process with a 2013 RTL

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks very nice! I just converted to the SE grille and I am just hoping I don't get any rocks in my condenser. Other than that I love it!

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Looks very nice! I just converted to the SE grille and I am just hoping I don't get any rocks in my condenser. Other than that I love it!
You could always install additional wire mesh behind it (of appropriate size holes) if you really have issues with rocks where you drive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anyone know if a newer model SE grille will fit in a 2008 front end? All the ones I find online say 09-14, but I have an 08:(

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I'm about to do the swap,you need the whole front number.
Like he said, you need to swap your front bumper as well and minor modification to the grill install. Some here on the ROC have done this. If you do a search, you will find a thread with details.

J

1 - 15 of 15 Posts