Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one tapped into the RTL w/o nav "Aux" input. I could use some instruction. I have an Verizon PDA phone that I am going to install in Seidio GPS cradle. The goal is to get GPS nav, mp3, audio books, and telephone in one install. I would like to aviod the modulator route.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Do a search of this subject in this section of the forum. This subject has been discussed a lot. Bliss53, do you have the RTL with or without SR? The AUX button is different depending on which model you have. The RTL w/SR has the AUX and CD function on one button. The RTL w/o SR has the AUX and XM on one button, if I recall correctly. I have the RTL w/ SR so I can confirm that button configuration.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Bliss53, if you remove your HU, you will notice that there are NO available connections in the back of the HU. The RTL without SR has an open 14-pin connector that accomidate an aftermarket auxiliary adapter. Some members have had success with this product. Hope this helps. :cool:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bongus,

In some of your earlier post you mentioned some products you purchased to supply an extra input. Did any of them work?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
bliss53 said:
Bongus,

In some of your earlier post you mentioned some products you purchased to supply an extra input. Did any of them work?
Well...If you have the RTL without SR, there is a solution to add another auxiliary input. Refer to this thread. . Currently, I have not solved the issue with RTLs with SR. I have ordered another part and hopefully that one will work. My goal is to retain all the functionality I have currently with my radio (i.e. CD changer, AM/FM and XM). I'll keep everyone posted on my results. :cool:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
No problem. I've already removed the headunit and that is when I realized my first option would not work. The HUs with XM built-in has all the available connectors filled. The unit I am waiting on has a way of "passing-through" the signal between to sources. I just can't verify if it will work with my application. BTW, removal of the HU is not very difficult. You may want to try it just to see what it looks like back there. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts