Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday 3/25, I called to check on the arrival date of my RTL.
My salesman told me they had a truck in for people to look at or possibly buy.
This was a red RTS with, as I priced out, $1948.00 worth of accessories, not including install charges. The dealer invoice was for $37,950. A whopping 7,000 over msrp. Not a bad profit . I feel a little sorry for the poor sucker who will probably pay it. My truck is due on Tuesday, I can't hardly wait!

·
Registered
39 Posts
added accessories are a ripoff. I went to one dealer and they had added 3 accs. pinstripping-$199.00 2 mud guards-$199.00 wheel locks-$199.00

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
When I was looking for my RTL, the accessory route is an easy way to boost profit for the dealer. They also will attempt to sell you an Extended Warranty way above the actual cost of the warranty. As a savy consumer, be aware of these tactics and do your homework. Remember negotiate what you can and stand firm. In regards to the Extended Warranty don't even bother...go to one of the members of this forum and buy it from him at $25 over his costs...that's what I did.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fortunately, the accessories my wife and I have decided to get, the dealer has agreed to sell me at his cost. Added to that, through this website, I now have a good idea of what that is. Tuesday is the day, I can't hardly wait!

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Hi All. I'm a future ridge owner. What is the best accessories website? I saw one last week but forgot to bookmark it :confused: . Thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was very lucky in my purchase. The dealer received thier first 3 Ridgelines late on 2/24 (2 RTLs and 1 RTS). I went in on 2/25, but was not allowed to test drive as they were being preped.
By the next day (2/26), one RTL had ~$5,000 of dealer installed options and the other had ~$3,600!!!
I am not a big fan of leather seats, so I wanted the RTS. They were so busy with the RTLs that they had not even removed the paint protection or the plastic from the seats. I told them what options I wanted (side steps and fog lights) and that is all they did. Drove it off the lot that afternoon, and I have been extremely happy since :)

P.S. Is there a thread indicating "when" people purchased thier Ridgelines?

L

·
0 Posts
Just a little hint in buying accessories!
I found H&A accessories and there price list and took it to my dealer to negotiate price and he meet and beat the prices ( including shipping ) just to keep my business in the store.
It's nice for the sake of getting something they have in stock to take home instead of waiting for UPS. However, if I have to wait for shipping, I'll be going to H&A for my accessories.
I was fortunate to buy my 'Line with all the accessories I wanted already installed. ;)
Have a great day!
LadyRidge.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
http://www.handa-accessories.com/ridgeline.html is the sponsor of this outstanding site. They offer great information and services for us. My Ridgeline is still on order but since I appreciate the information that I have learned from this forum and from handa-accessories.com, they will be my first choice for accessories purchased on line. I certainly do have some loyalty for my local dealer as they have been very good to me and have earned my confidence as a result of previous purchases from them and their outstanding service after the sale. An no, I have no connection what-so-ever with handa-accessories or with Honda. I simply appreciate what they do and how well they do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts