Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that there appears to be 2 different kinds of rubber surrounding the side windows? To add to my confusion one seems to be fade resistant while the other is fading quickly.

Am I crazy (rhetorical) or has someone else noticed this as well. :confused:

·
Registered
491 Posts
yeah...I noticed that too! It looks terrible. I think I may have noticed it less when it has been washed too. The curve sections are different rubber it loosk like it may be effected differently by UV.

I hope it does not get worse.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that right off, but just figered the engineers involved knew what they were doing. Now, I have noticed that one of my "joint clips" is missing (boy, there's a one liner for the Woodstock generation!)
Just curious as to why Honda engineer it that way. I'm gonna take a wait and see approach.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Treat them with 303 Protectant or Vinylex. The different shades of black will be much less noticeable. Do them every month or two when you treat the rubber door moldings. Don't use Armorall. That stuff will gradually turn them brown as the sunlight causes it to oxidize just like it does to tires after a week or two.
That would be a roach clip. Don't ask me how I know... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The rubber around the windows on my truck is getting worse. It's obvious that Honda have used two types - one for the corners (stronger perhaps) and one for the straight lengths. It doesn't show on the pictures but the corner pieces have an oily sheen. I'm thinking that this is a warranty issue. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Mine were very similar. I have been using the 303 Protectant and it not so noticeable now. There is also some stuff that you can get at auto parts stores called 'Back to Black' and 'Black Again' that is made to restore faded rubber moldings. I do agree that the two-tone look of Honda's moldings looks cheesy and is not up to their usual high standards.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Lingered_I said:
The rubber around the windows on my truck is getting worse. It's obvious that Honda have used two types - one for the corners (stronger perhaps) and one for the straight lengths. It doesn't show on the pictures but the corner pieces have an oily sheen. I'm thinking that this is a warranty issue. Thoughts?
Holy crap! I don't have that on my silver RL. Try UH suggestions.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mines got the two tone rubber also..Funny I don't remember ordering that option.

L

·
0 Posts
You guys should have bought the primer color. I don't have that problem either!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
616 Posts
ladyridge said:
You guys should have bought the primer color. I don't have that problem either!!!!!!! :D
I have the Silver Ridge (there is NO better color!) and unforunately do have the dual toned window rubber.

·
Registered
460 Posts
ladyridge said:
ya know lady---, i drove passed my first silver rl yesterday on the way home to work...............MAN, I NEVER REALLY NOTICED HOW INFERIOR THE SILVER IS TO THE BLUE UNTIL I DROVE BY IT!!! :D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
jeffiam said:
ya know lady---, i drove passed my first silver rl yesterday on the way home to work...............MAN, I NEVER REALLY NOTICED HOW INFERIOR THE SILVER IS TO THE BLUE UNTIL I DROVE BY IT!!! :D
Take cover!! :eek: The s**t's gonna hit tha fan!!! :D

L

·
0 Posts
jeffiam said:
You know.....JeffiamNOT!!! I have decided not to retaliate or take personally against you your inconsiderate comments towards Honda's BEST SELLING COLOR ( please refer to color my world thread ) which happens to be SILVER.
No...instead, I have decided to sit back and watch you derail any little dignity you may have all on your own. And besides....jeffiamNOT.....
Dallas is NOT on the other side of the world and I am my own boss so...watch your back!!
( and you thought you were out of the woods ) ;)
BUT....I do have one question....my little Texan buddy....how in the H E Double Hockey Sticks do you..and I quote from you "drove passed my first silver rl yesterday on the way home to work". Good trick. :confused:
:D

·
Registered
460 Posts
ladyridge said:
You know.....JeffiamNOT!!! I have decided not to retaliate or take personally against you your inconsiderate comments towards Honda's BEST SELLING COLOR ( please refer to color my world thread ) which happens to be SILVER.
No...instead, I have decided to sit back and watch you derail any little dignity you may have all on your own. And besides....jeffiamNOT.....
Dallas is NOT on the other side of the world and I am my own boss so...watch your back!!
( and you thought you were out of the woods ) ;)
BUT....I do have one question....my little Texan buddy....how in the H E Double Hockey Sticks do you..and I quote from you "drove passed my first silver rl yesterday on the way home to work". Good trick. :confused:
:D
lol.............lol..............you're right. that was one hell of a trick wasn't it!!!! ;) ........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts