Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all-

I'm installing a new head unit into my 2007 RL RTL (no nav) and I had a few questions. First, I'd like to run the bluetooth mic cable and have it look clean. Can I remove the A-pillar trim, where it says "air bag equipped"? I looked on here for another post and it seems like I can, but when I tried to pop up the little "air bag equipped" button, it wont come out. it feels like its stuck in what looks like a white plastic clip. I don't want to pull too hard for obvious concern. Secondly, if anyone installed the axxess aswc-1 steering wheel control module, it says to "connect" pin 11 to the chassis ground, along with the black wire. Should I splice the ground into the 11 pin cable? and does this need to be an all together different ground that the one on the radio harness that specifially says "chassis ground"?

Thanks!
-floggindave

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
I put a mic on the rearview mirror bracket and it works well for all seat positions. You can push the wire behind the head liner where it meets the windshield, and behind the A-Pillar trim without removing it. Drop the glove box and route the wire to the back of the HU. Use wire ties behind the glove box as needed. You can remove the sunglass holder to get a better view above the headliner but its not necessary. When I installed the Axxess unit I just ran the ground to metal and secured it with a bolt. I now have the PAC-SWI-RC installed and tied it into the ground from the main radio harness with a quick splice. Both ways worked equally well. However I recommend the Axxess over the PAC. The PAC memory fails and requires re-mapping. I checked all my connections multiple times before reading many similar experiences online. I called PAC customer service and they had me check continuity on each wire, then had me re-map as connections were good. I really only care about the volume button working but it would be nice if they all worked as advertised.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your post helped me a ton Heli. I also decided to mimic your mic install spot, and it works as great as you said. buttoned her up this evening and I love the new look. thank you for the help.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
You are welcome Dave. Just paying it back for all the help I've got from the forum. Enjoy your upgrade!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts