Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all, I was wondering what color the running boards come in? I have only noticed silver and Black and have just ordered a Steel Blue with them and didn't know if they were matched or were just silver or black.

thanks,

It's the w--a---i----t-----i----n------g that's the hardest part... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Actually I think the only ones still available are the black ones, the silver ones were recalled apparently. So it is likely you will get black running boards. They do not sell color matched running boards.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the steel blue and it came with black boards. They look good (so does the roof rack)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your replies Captmiddy and Mark,
I was worried because I saw I think it was a black RTS with the grey running boards and it looked a little odd to me. I want the black if they aren't going to be matched.
I will find out when my dealer calls me back to tell me what he has found .... he was so quick to TAKE my money now I just need a call telling me WHEN I will get the truck..

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hey JerseyShore, it's possible the gray ones you saw were after-market. Honda only offers the running boards in black; the side steps (which were apparently recalled) were only offered in silver. Other people on this forum have installed after-market running boards; I have the OEM ones installed, and like them just fine.

HTH,
-fly

·
Registered
626 Posts
DoctorJ said:
Its also possible they were the side steps which are silver.
True 'nuf, I didn't think of the fact that grey = silver = primer color. ;)

Also, having made an explicit decision to get the running boards versus the side steps, and therefore deciding that there's a *big* difference between them (maybe more aesthetically than functionally), whenever someone says "running boards" I immediately think they mean, well, "running boards", not "side steps." The first step is admitting I have a problem... ;)

L

·
0 Posts
flymuck said:
True 'nuf, I didn't think of the fact that grey = silver = primer color. ;)

Also, having made an explicit decision to get the running boards versus the side steps, and therefore deciding that there's a *big* difference between them (maybe more aesthetically than functionally), whenever someone says "running boards" I immediately think they mean, well, "running boards", not "side steps." The first step is admitting I have a problem... ;)
LOL :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I got the black ones when there was a choice.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts