Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for those that installed their own running boards. Did you do it with your Ridge with all four wheels on the ground or did you lift it? Just wondering how hard it is to get under to tighten everything.

Thanks

RidgeInTheVille

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Not the Ridge, but I installed the same running boards (the right way!) :) on my wife's Pilot, which has less ground clearance than the Ridge. I did it one side at a time using jackstands. You could probably do it without raising it but I'm always more comfortable with more room to move around.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's actually funny you should post that you installed them on your wife's Pilot. That is exactly what I am planning on doing. I just got them from H and A yesterday along with the rear splash guards for her.

I'll have to see if I can borrow some jack stands if not, I'll buy some. I think more room would be better.

Thanks

RidgeInTheVille

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I installed mine all 4 wheels on the ground. It was a bit tight I would say if you have jack stands use them if not it can be done without.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked with my brother-in-law and he has jack stands so I will borrow them and make life easier.

Thanks all

RidgeInTheVille

·
Registered
50 Posts
Installed on the Ridge, all four paws on the ground. I did not have a problem and I am 6'1'' 220...more then you wanted to know.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
mike kennedy said:
I installed mine (honda sidesteps) parked in my garage with no jacks![/url]
Congrats, Mike on your 100th post. Now your amongst us old timers! Keep on posting. And Truckin'

·
Registered
205 Posts
RidgeInTheVille said:
I have a question for those that installed their own running boards. Did you do it with your Ridge with all four wheels on the ground or did you lift it? Just wondering how hard it is to get under to tighten everything.

Thanks

RidgeInTheVille
I did my wife's running boards in the driveway without lifting the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I finally got around to installing the running boards on my Wife's Pilot last night. My BIL helped and we went to his work to use the heated garage. We ended up doing it without the floor jacks and it was pretty easy. There was plenty of room left to get under the Pilot to tighten everything. Tonight I'll put on her rear splash guards.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts