Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Running Boards Aftermarket or Factory?

15K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Sicamousian 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I am thinking to buy running boards. Any one know any good aftermarket company that will come out with a better looking, rugged & cheaper running boards for RL or m I stuck with factory ones?

I like the cast Iron ones but I don't want to spend over 1200 CAD for those and I don't really like the plastic ones.
Experienced Members please advice me

#2 ·
I bought an aftermarket set made by Blackhorse. They are marketed for the Pilot, but fit perfectly.

The metal for the tubes is a little thinner than I would prefer, but they hold my weight just fine. I did spray some fluid film into the tubes through the bolt holes. I'm not the seller below. This is the same as the set I purchased. These were easy to install and can be installed without help.

Black Horse 2016 2017 Honda Pilot Black Side Steps Running Boards 9H1403A | eBay

#9 ·
Ross, I understand your concern.

The brackets are magnetic. I assume they are steel. The brackets are completely painted. I do not see any rust yet, but they are new. Time will tell.

I have a friend with Westin tubes on his truck. They are about 7 years old. No rust on those yet, but I have seen plenty that have. Hopefully, the fluid film will help.

#11 ·
Ladhark, take a look for this brand Kasei

They appear identical to what I have and are available in a chrome/stainless finish as well as black. I see them through Amazon for the Honda Pilot 2016 in the US. I can't swear that they fit, but would be surprised if they didn't.

#12 · (Edited)
The die-cast running board ( 08L33-T6Z-100 ) is priced at $1365 CDN PLUS 13% Ontario tax = $1542 !! :surprise::frown:
https://www.honda.ca/ridgeline/parts-accessories
http://honda.acc-acc.ca/web/accesso...changeVeh&vehid=169&styleid=833&noheader=true

I'd just ordered one from "bernardiparts.com" for $474 + $119 shipping USD + custom duty ( maybe not ! >:) )-->> $593 USD + duty.

about under $800 CDN !!! almost half the price !!!

08L33-T6Z-100 | Honda Running Boards - Black (Ridgeline) - Bernardi Parts

That's the lowest I've found doing extensive research and being in Canada we pay the price ! ( still way cheaper than "STEALERS" !!

:wink:

#14 ·
Hi UnicornKaz

I was very interested with the die-cast running boards as well, very low profile and does not jut very far out from the body of the Ridgeline when the doors are closed. Problem is, they cost an arm and a leg here in our beloved country Canada ($1300 not including tax). Then I read your post that you bought these at "bernardiparts.com." My question is, did you end up paying import duties?

Also I wonder if you installed these yourself and if so are they pretty easy to install? I wanted to save some money and not end up going to the dealership for these boards.

Thank you kindly.

#15 · (Edited)
nope...I got lucky that time (YMMV)...and these are heavy stuff too. :grin:
Even if you get ding for duties...what is the set percentage for them to charge ? of the above price ? ( not sure of current price)

Still way cheaper than $1300 + tax ! :nerd:

Not too hard to install at all...instructions are straight forward. :nerd: :smile:

#18 ·
I just removed the factory running boards from my 2006 (I'm tall enough that I don't ever use them). I like the look of the truck better without them, but I was surprised by one thing (and that one thing is why I haven't yet listed them for sale): The metal/rubber cover design of the boards really blocks a lot of tire and road noise from the cabin. I'm gonna have to think about this a bit!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.