Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things we discovered at our New England meet is that the running boards can be installed on the wrong sides of the truck. USARSHOE discovered this for himself and had it fixed before the meet. When shovelhd showed up we noticed his were on backwards. Both were dealer installed that way. Look close at the pictures below. If installed correctly they are flush with the rear wheel well like the green RL. If on backwards they fall short of the well like the blue.

It's subtle, but it is different.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
They look silver although reflection on the truck looks black. Thought they only made the boards in black??? Are they black?
(I have the silver/gray steps)
Thanks!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
They are black. It was a very bright, sunny day. Thanks for pointing this out. It will go on the dealer-do list.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Good old dealer-installed options. :rolleyes: Mine are on backwards as well. Thx for the heads-up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Mine installed incorrectly. Can imagine how many of these are out there. Heck, was hoping I would'nt have a problem with these "skilled dealer installs." I will attempt correcting myself before wasting time at dealer. Also, another reason ROC is invaluable. I would not have noticed, at least for now.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
One thing I noticed, mine are flush at the rear wheel wells but the larger end caps are in front. Is there that much adjustment in them? :confused: This is when your dealer being 110 miles away is not a good thing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The larger end caps should be in the rear of the truck as they follow the body contour at the bottom of the wheel well. If you go

http://www.handa-accessories.com/ridgeline.html

and look up the running boards you can download an installation guide. It will show the proper way to mount the running baords. My dealer gave me kind of a hard time when I called and told them they were on the wrong side of my truck saying that it was highly unlikely that they would of made that big of a mistake.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Had me worried so I went and checked mine....they are on right! (not dealer or self installed - local body shop). Glad its on right! Thanks for the heads up. :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Phew! Guess I got lucky. Had to run out to the garage to check mine. My dealer installed them correctly. :)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like if youv'e got running boards you've got a 50% - 50% chance they are on right. You feel lucky?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Well, do ya??? Punk???? <Kablam> :)

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Checked mine (dealer installed). They look correct.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is another example of why, if possible, I do my own work on a vehicle. No one, not even a dealer mechanic, will take as much care as I will.

·
Registered
283 Posts
So if they are installed backwards would they be called moon walking boards??

·
Registered
100 Posts
Heck. I put mine on upside down AND backwards just for fun. I'll fix 'em in a bit. LOL Lotsa weird looks......:D

·
Registered
128 Posts
It's an easy mistake to make. I installed my own running boards but thankfully consulted the install directions before wrenching them down. Yes, my first attempt was backwards but it was corrected quickly. It's an easy one to do yourself if you don't want to mess with the dealer. Then again, it's their screw-up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks alot for the info. My boards are being installed today. I will your pictures and installation instructions in my hand when I pick up my truck.

I also had them fix my water leaks in the front and back floor. It would take long to see if they did it correctly, I live in New Orleans.

Thanks again. This type of info is what makes this club and forum so good.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Semantics here, not sure if the running boards could be installed backwards??? They can be installed on the wrong side, which would make them look backwards. I only bring this up because my wife is a journalism major and she would correct me!

Two bolts hold on the end caps, so for a quick fix a combination wrench and about 10 minutes would probably fix the problem.

TL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts