Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the many options I want to install is the running boards. After reading all the posts on the 'special tool' issue, I decided to go to a local auto body shop (they repair my work's fleet vehicles).

He was able to get the running boards cheaper from a Honda dealership he uses (and without shipping costs to me). His labor is cheaper than the dealership too. Of course I figured they would have the right tools since they repair/remove parts all the time.

They are on order and hope to have them installed this week. This might be an option for others to consider if they have an auto body shop they've dealt with in the past. In the long haul, I'll probably save $100. I'll keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
One of the many options I want to install is the running boards. After reading all the posts on the 'special tool' issue, I decided to go to a local auto body shop (they repair my work's fleet vehicles).

He was able to get the running boards cheaper from a Honda dealership he uses (and without shipping costs to me). His labor is cheaper than the dealership too. Of course I figured they would have the right tools since they repair/remove parts all the time.

They are on order and hope to have them installed this week. This might be an option for others to consider if they have an auto body shop they've dealt with in the past. In the long haul, I'll probably save $100. I'll keep you posted.

And, so.

How did this turn out???? :D

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And, so.

How did this turn out???? :D

Sorry! This thread is so old.....

Everything turned out perfect. It ran me about $125 less than doing it thru the dealership.

Remember though, this was three years ago. Some of the running boards are different, and there was this thread that others have used.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts