Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I put them on my wife's Highlander (OEM) but I am OCD and won't let anyone step on them. (yeah, yeah...I am that guy)

Here is where I need advice. I like the "Executive" look of the Ridgeline and do the OEM black running boards hurt that look? I would 100% buying them for the look. Purely for the look. Does it class up the Ridgeline or class it down and make it look more like a rough and tough truck?

I'm tossed...

Kinda like the look without...but also like the look with. Weigh in the $600 and DIY install... I need opinions to help me decide.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know what you mean. On some vehicles, they look good with a running board. But it just seems odd when you actually use it and step in. Often times, I end up with an even more un-natural motion of avoiding it, when getting in. This is on other people's vehicles. That's just me.

(I appreciate the running board on a Ford F250 FX4)

I would not get running boards on a RL. I like the look without it.

Just a random observation, more women seem to like/use running boards. And I can see how it can be a need, depending on what she is wearing. If you already have a vehicle with running boards, then take that vehicle on those occasions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think they look a little odd on the Ridgeline because they're not really necessary. The truck isn't lifted so it's not hard to get into the truck. Unless you lift it anyway. If you have small kids who need to climb up, then sure. The other main us is to get up onto the roof. If you have stuff up on top they're useful for getting access without opening the door and standing on the seat.

So my vote is no running boards. But I'm not thinking purely about the look. If I put boards on the truck then it's because I need them and I'm sure stepping on them.

·
Registered
2017 White RTL-E
182 Posts
If it's purely for "the look" I vote no. I think it looks good with and without them...but if there isn't a practical reason for them (small kids, elderly family members, roof access, etc) it is just a waste of time, money, and mpg.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am 5’-4” and while I do not have problems getting in and out, I put running boards on to give that extra step from time to time. I hate the look and have found that i only really use them getting out. They will be coming off soon.

·
Registered
2017 RTS White
283 Posts
Not a fan but it's your ride and you think hard then decide.........................

·
Registered
280 Posts
I had no choice when I got my 20202 RTL-E. I didn't want running boards but the truck available at the time in the color I wanted had the black resin version. They don't stand out too loudly and blend it well but...
they aren't needed in most cases and It is a pain to step on them getting out so you tend to just slide past them. If you are wearing long pants, they can transfer ant dirt or gunk from the boards to your pants.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts