Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to decide if I want to get Boards or Steps. Can people that have them post goods and bads about them or give an opinion? Things like - are the Boards hard to keep clean? Etc etc..

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Bellteck, I'm getting running boards installed today (got the Honda ones thru a local body shop cheaper as well as cheaper to install with them).

I will try to post pics when done, but am leaving for vacation tomorrow a.m. so may not get it done before.

From the pics I've seen, I like the running boards.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I have the running boards and are very please with them.

The only negative might be with water spotting as they get older. Right now after a bath I treat my tires and running boards with a cleaner / shiner. It makes them slick as snot but they sure look nice.

They were also pretty easy to install. It took me maybe 2.5 hours with most of that spent on the 1st side figuring out the install.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I am waiting to get the chrome oval side step. Honda accessory is too close to the truck and too plain looking. My small dog actually needs the side step to get inside.

I would also like to electrify my side step.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have side steps and have not had any issues with them at all. I like the color contrast against the black of my RL. The offset from the truck eliminates any pooling of water you might see with side steps.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
We have the running boards on both the Pilot and the Ridgeline, and like them.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I like the running boards better. I think their more helpful as a step and the side steps seem to get your pant leg(s) dirty. Plus I think they look better IMHO.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Have the boards, like the look.
My Kids commented that it was much better getting in with them on.
Easy to clean.

L

·
0 Posts
WELCOME BELLTECH!! Enjoy the ride!!

I have the running boards and I love them AND a 15 year old 2 pound Yorki-Poo and she has no problem getting in. She can't wait to go bye bye in Mommies truck!!! I'd say NEW truck but she turned 8K this morning. Not so new now! :( My warranty will be out in less than a year. :eek: Good thing I got the extended warranty.

J.C. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the sidesteps on a silver RTS. No problems or issues.

I originally was heading toward the runningboards. I thought the contrast would be nice.

But, when I bought my RTS very early (Feb 26th), the dealer had the sidesteps in stock.

After having the vehicle for a while now, I really like the look of the sidesteps against the silver.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Mayfielh,

How did you get around the 'special lugnut tool'? I know Vertrkr had trouble installing his own (unusual for him!).

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I had the running boards installed and I like them alot. They are functional and they improve the look of the truck.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow thanks to everyone for the replies and Thanks to you Lady R for the welcome :D

I have a White RTL and I actually like the look of both of them so its a tough decision which one I will get. I like the steps as I think they will also guard against attacks by flying doors from smaller automobiles but I also like the black boards so the entire bottom of the truck is " Dressed " and contrast to the white. But that said the steps also match the rims so they look good too.

IM SOOOO CONFUSED !!! :rolleyes: But its a good confusion !! :D

Steps..boards..steps..boards... if I keep this up I'll be board with the steps or stepping on the boards. You see what I mean !!! :confused:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
You could wait for someone to come out with Nerf Bars (tubular side steps) and be one of the 1st on the ROC with those.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Running Boards VS Side Steps Nerf bar

This is one accessory that I am definitely going to get. Once it is available, I am going to install lights. I saw another truck once with the Nerf bar lights and it is really impressive. When you open the door, the ground is lit with the lights below the nerf bar. It is also a good safty feature.

Nerf bar does not come with the lights, so I will have to customize myself.

Vertrkr, since you already have running board, if you get the urge to electrify the nerf bar, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Blue,

GMC has lights in the bottom of the side mirrors that light up the ground. They call them Curb Ilumination or something like that. I have seen one and its very nice. Would be easy for Honda to do as far as lighting goes.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I did get the expensive MDX snow chain for my Ridgeline. It says Acura MDX on the bag. Very brandish.

MDX side step also has acura brand name for $450. I can get a Deezee with rubber pad for $160 if it becomes available. For $450, I can wait and skip the Acura name and save $290.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts