Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 07 RTL and love it . However the Westin running boards are rotting away. Would it be worth putting OEM boards back on?? I live in Colorado so I'm worried about the next ones also rotting away. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
I know Romik has a limited lifetime warranty for Stainless Steel, which I benefited from because the hardware was bad. If you have SS it might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I've never read about rotting issues with the OEM RBs.... but maybe you want to search for info on that. Having said that, I love the OEM (black platform type) RBs that I have. They've been on since 2005 & are good as new.... but I do live in SoCal., so I can't speak to whether or not they stand up in tougher climate areas.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would first do a search to see who is still selling the product and then give them a call to find out whether it is still under warranty. You might be surprised by the phone call. That would be a starter for me.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I would recommend nerf bars. They look better on trucks than having runningboards.
.... and then there's the opposite opinions on what looks best.... you need to get what you like. I WILL say that the nerfs are not as foot friendly if you ever have older folks climbing up in there. They really appreciate the platform when it's there.

Good thing is, there are many many options for you out there, in style, mfg, and 'color'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts