Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all!

Proud owner of a 2019 Ridgeline I got in December last year.

Really appreciate all the info I've been able to find on the forums. Led me to purchasing the value excellent Trident tonneau cover.

Wondering if anyone else has had these issues. Was detailing my car and found rust on the inside drivers door near a seam and what I think is a stopper. This has me somewhat concerned as my RL only has 19,000 kms and now I'm wondering if there could be worse rust somewhere I can't see it.

Also found a strange misalignment of my hood, if you look at the edge above the "Sport" logo. What's weird is the hood seems perfectly aligned everywhere else, so no idea what this could be. Bought my RL brand new from the dealer.

Has anyone else come across issues like these?

·
Registered
494 Posts
On the hood, if I remember right I think zroger73 had a similar defect on his 2019 and the dealer replaced it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Try lowering the rubber hood bumpers on that side and raising the other side to level. Might also have the dealer check for skin to brace separation at the rear of the hood.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My hood looks like that. But thats honestly the least of my concerns with this truck.
I make it a habit to dry out all the door jambs after washing... moisture that sit may cause rust. I try to be proactive with this truck.... but honda dont build them like they use too.

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
Also found a strange misalignment of my hood, if you look at the edge above the "Sport" logo. What's weird is the hood seems perfectly aligned everywhere else, so no idea what this could be. Bought my RL brand new from the dealer.
On the hood, if I remember right I think zroger73 had a similar defect on his 2019 and the dealer replaced it.
Yes - that was me! The 2019 RTL-E I purchased in December 2018 and others on the lot had the same defect. The dealer swapped hoods with another new Ridgeline that had a properly stamped hood.

Here's the post where I reported it:

Here's the post where I reported it fixed:

Here's a post where I reported a silver one with the same defect at the same dealer:

·
Registered
34 Posts
My hood looks like that. But thats honestly the least of my concerns with this truck.
I make it a habit to dry out all the door jambs after washing... moisture that sit may cause rust. I try to be proactive with this truck.... but honda dont build them like they use too.
The kind of rust that is shown in the pictures is more likely to be coming from inside of the door.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the late follow up.

The hood was covered under warranty. Because it was found and dealt with 7 months after the vehicle was new, they had to color match and re-paint the hood. In fact, they re-painted the whole front end and faded it to the back bed crease.

The doors were covered as well. They sanded, sealed and painted the affected areas. All in all it was a major PITA and was without my truck for a week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts