Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side fender is rusty. It appears the back edge closest to the door seam appears to have been miss sprayed at the factory leaving some unpainted primer. it has now started rusting with only 1150 miles on my new 2019 that I traded in my previous RL on. I know that there is a corrosion warranty but I am still disappointed. Taking to dealer this week.

Kicking myself a little for taking delivery in the dark.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition
160 Posts
Can’t catch everything on delivery/pickup. That’s what warranties are for! Everyone likes a good pic to see what’s going on though 😁

·
Super Moderator
5,040 Posts
That's too bad about the corrosion. Pretty expensive touch up, but at least it will be done right.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,027 Posts
I put door edge guards on my Ridge right after I first got it. No issues at all with rust there. I assume the G2 Ridge has door edge guard options too?

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put door edge guards on my Ridge right after I first got it. No issues at all with rust there. I assume the G2 Ridge has door edge guard options too?
Yes I have door edge guards. Part of the $895 preinstalled Honda dealer extras package that is so typical.

This rusty edge in the photo is the front fender not the front door edge.

The issue is the folks in Alabam didn’t paint my truck all the way - must have been a Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,027 Posts
I have a 2006 Pilot built in Alabama and a 2008 Ridgeline built in Alliston, Ontario and the workmanship on both are fairly similar. I've had fewer problems with the Pilot and the overall workmanship on the Pilot is better with regard to door alignment, etc.

Both my Pilot and Ridgeline have rusty metal seat structures. Been that way for years... since new, I expect.

YMMV and all that.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wait.. What, the dealer is NOT going to take care of this?

In my opinion, they SHOULD.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Waiting for
Wait.. What, the dealer is NOT going to take care of this?

In my opinion, they SHOULD.
Yeah, waiting for corporate to reply to body shop estimate. They should accept I think. The dealer was a little evasive at first, but looking better now.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally at a local shop getting fixed by Honda. 3 trips back to "inspect" the rust before they would approve.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Finally at a local shop getting fixed by Honda. 3 trips back to "inspect" the rust before they would approve.
I hate to say it, but your truck will never be the same once it gets back from the body shop.

It may be fine if you aren't too particular/anal about things or don't keep your vehicles very long.
But otherwise, you will definitely know it has been molested...
  • Orange peel and sanding pigtails in the clearcoat
  • Overspray on surrounding body panels, trim pieces, windows
  • Paint buildup and masking marks on surrounding panels
  • Buffer trails
  • Polishing compound in cracks/trim
And years down the road, you will likely be able to see the areas where the paint/clear where blended into the body panels.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts