Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I looked at a 07 RTL at Carmax today and saw this slight rust under the driver and passenger seats and steering column (Pls see pictures). Dealer says guaranteed no water damage, but I'm skeptical. Any advice?
Thank you
Stefan

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
saw the exact rust damage on 2 other RLs on 2 seperate dealer lots. thought it must be water damage from skiing, (wet boots). also, i popped the plastic trim piece from under the front seat and found rust there also. california based RLs.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,778 Posts
Rust under the seats appears to be a normal Honda condition. It is on both my 2008 RL and my wife's 2006 Pilot.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
My 2006 has never leaked (now you jinxed me) and it is rusty in all the same places. Open up the dash or behind the seat, same thing. Honda doesn't care about rusty metal.

·
Super Moderator
22,778 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,568 Posts
I recently had both of my front seats out of the truck to clean up the broken windshield shrapnel from my accident. I didn't notice any rust under my seats at all. I have had almost half a dozen Hondas over the years and have never had any rust issues under the seats.

The rear wheel wells are a totally different story. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
22,778 Posts
The Pilot and the RL are our 3rd and 4th Hondas. I don't recall in the others, but the Pilot is Alabama built and the Ridge is Canada built... both with significant rust under the seats.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Take a closer look and you'll see that the seat rails have no primer application, paint nor plating of any kind. I guess Honda figured that nobody in his right mind would stick his/her head underneath the seat to check.

Same thing in mine and aside from some humid winters up here in Montreal, no water damage....ever.:)

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
No rust anywhere here and I wont comment on how great mine looks after four winters cause I spent the foolish $298.00 on rust proofing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for the input. I definitely assume now that it's considered normal, since I just looked at another Ridgeline with identical symptons. St.

·
Super Moderator
22,778 Posts
Take a look here for some rust under the seat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts