Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sure looks like rust to me. I have had my Ridgeline for 2 weeks now. This past weekend I was showing it off to some family members and when looking at the in-bed-trunk someone notices what looks to be rust. It is in the drain channel that goes around the trunk.

Would you please take a look at your bed trunks and see if you too have rust color marks in the drainage channel?

·
Registered
802 Posts
joe vt said:
It sure looks like rust to me. I have had my Ridgeline for 2 weeks now. This past weekend I was showing it off to some family members and when looking at the in-bed-trunk someone notices what looks to be rust. It is in the drain channel that goes around the trunk.

Would you please take a look at your bed trunks and see if you too have rust color marks in the drainage channel?
Check your tie downs and see if they're rusty. Mine were and it washed off into the bed and made it look like it was rusting. Was able to get most of it off the bed-still have a couple little places. I just painted the tie downs with Rustoleum to keep it from happening again.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Can you click some photos of this rust?

·
Registered
35 Posts
If it was mid-summer I'd suggest that it was pollen, Joe.

Hello from Middlebury! ( Silver RTL, moonroof, in Btown alot on Tuesdays )

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
joe vt said:

I don't believe it's rust, since the trunk is not steel.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The trunk isn't steel, but there are coated steel fasteners in the trunk.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I also have rust on two of my tie downs, I am thinking I need to remove them and spray them with rustoleum or something.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have no rust that I have seen, but there is some corrosion around a rivet at the swing open release for the tail gate, looks to be an aluminum rivet in a steel plate, the corrosion is on the plate around the rivet.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Anyone know of a car/truck that doesn't rust?, mine only has 3000 miles on it, when I look close (you will too) at nuts/bults/tie downs what ever, rust will win the battle! do what you can to prevent pitting, take the tie downs off, sand blast them, prime them, and repaint them.

Rust is a fact of vehicle life!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I feel a bit stupid but I wanted to update this thread. It appears that the rust color was from fall leaves. When they got wet they left what looked like rust.

Sorry. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
802 Posts
joe vt said:
Ok, I feel a bit stupid but I wanted to update this thread. It appears that the rust color was from fall leaves. When they got wet they left what looked like rust.

Sorry. :rolleyes:

It's ok...you're still welcome here...:)

And if you see some white, fluffy stuff in your bed, your truck is not manufacturing it's own grits.:D

·
Registered
626 Posts
scottIN said:
It's ok...you're still welcome here...:)

And if you see some white, fluffy stuff in your bed, your truck is not manufacturing it's own grits.:D
LOL :D

I like it when people admit to their mistakes... it's really super-cool of them. Thanks, joe vt!! Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Whew!! Glad you figured it out.

RidgeInTheVille

1 - 14 of 14 Posts