Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Hi Wonderful folks at Ridgeline Owners Club,

I am very excited to have bought a used Honda Ridgeline 2007. Love and like the vehicle. It has 162K miles on it. Drives like a dream. No other issues ....BUT ..

Subframe on driver side rear wheel is rusted really bad... See picture.
Rust Vehicle Auto part Car

Looking for ideas, suggestions, recommendations..etc.

Thanks,
Sam

A single post thread over the Piloteers.org for the same issue (Same pic as well) >> https://www.piloteers.org/forums/69...71-fixed-rusted-rear-subframe-mount-pics.html. One hit wonder from July 2018.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Do you have access to a lift and a welding machine?

The rear subframe will have to be dropped in order to weld in a new mount

You are going to need to cut out all the rust and fabricate a new mount on the cross member. Or buy the complete cross member and replace then entire thing or just cut that side off and replace it. I think the part you are looking for is cross member D, Honda part number 65740-SJC-A00ZZ.

Honestly, I would not be driving this too hard until you get this fixed.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Thats a shame..i would agree needs welding..im afraid its not good, was this flooded? All the other stuff looks very rusted too...what location was this in? After major inspection if nothing else rusted through..go ahead and repair..but nervous for you

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,747 Posts
Welcome to the ROC.
Question, can you give the car back and get your money? This is totally insane. The amount of work that this thing needs would be easily more than what this truck is worth at this point. :surprise:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Agreed, can you get your $$ back? Is there a lemon law in your state? Also looks like your CV boot on that axle is slinging grease, how about the others?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hmm, I'm curious if the op will come back to tell us, but I am assuming he knew about the damage before purchasing. :/ Certainly no solution from me!

edit: Sorry, just realized this was an older post that was revived. I wonder what ever came of it.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,658 Posts
Who knows? The OP was a 1 post wonder who joined and posted the one post on day 1 and hasn't returned.

Reactions: Carsmak

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I feel very bad for him. Nota good feeling ng laying hard earned $$ out

If you are still out there let us know what you decided to do. Someone may still help out

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,747 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,626 Posts
Moderator Note: Thread Closed

A reverse search on this image has found it on other sites, and we do not have confidence if it's truly a Ridgeline

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.