Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Detailing the truck this weekend, finally had some spare time, and noticed a number of these chrome lug nuts are rusting. Anyone else with this problem ? Fixable, or warranty. Would welcome any feedback.
Thanks,
Jules

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Ditto what TheRidgester said. No signs of rust here. I have the Honda "Chrome" wheels and lug nuts. Is that what you have?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just noticed that my Honda OEM chrome lug nuts are rusting - all of them. Winter is over and our snow removal crews spray this liquid that melts the ice, but image it's doing damage to everything else.

Is this a warranty issue - I've had the truck less than one year.

Tom

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mine is only a couple of months old so no rust *yet*.

But reading this thread does no make me feel warm and fuzzy!

·
Premium Member
7,780 Posts
Detailing the truck this weekend, finally had some spare time, and noticed a number of these chrome lug nuts are rusting. Anyone else with this problem ? Fixable, or warranty. Would welcome any feedback.
Thanks,
Jules
JulesK,

Search on "rusting" and "nuts", you will find that there are a number of members that have had this issue. It seems to be caused when the lug nuts are removed with a worn socket or wrench (Or the wrong size). Replacements are not terribly expensive. Just make sure that the bevel on the lug nut is the correct angle and the threads are the correct size. Good luck!

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Thanks,
Jules
Hey Jules,

My '06 RL spent most of its time in the Pensacola Beach area, and I also notice a lot of very minor surface rust areas, most of which are not very visible, such as the door skin seams behind the edges of the door panels, but nothing on the lug nuts. I'm sure it's the sea salt causing this. I'd attempt to warranty the lug nuts, especially if the dealer is the only one who has ever worked on your RL. The chrome must have been defective or chipped by using impact guns when removing the nuts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts