Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been a long time reader in here but I don’t know of I’ve ever actually posted anything lol
Anyways, I have a 2007 RL that has a lift and a little bigger tire, nothing extreme or fancy, but it’s got 174k on the odometer and it creaks and groans. Last week I decided I’d give it a little love with some new parts. Struts, axles, sway links, control arms, tie rods, and new tires. Boy was that a mistake! Nothing wanted to come apart without lots of heating and beating, bolts frozen into all the bushings etc... oh and the fact that my lift kit was completely RUSTED OUT! So I sent the old off the the fab shop to have new welded up, should be done this week, tires are in and waiting at the tire shop for mount/balance and alignment. In the meantime while it’s sitting on the lift in my shop I called up a friend at the local Honda dealer and had him hook me up with the 2021 RL/HPD. All the goodies were ordered last week and will be in this week and ready for install. Window tint is a month wait... oh well, what do you do? LOL
Thanks for reading my late night rant. Here’s some pics of my mess to check out.

JimmyChopIt

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Congrats on your 4th post and new 2021!

That’s a whole lot of work to motivate somebody into a new truck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on your 4th post and new 2021!

That’s a whole lot of work to motivate somebody into a new truck!
The sad part is, I can’t put the rear end together until the fab shop finishes welding up the new lift brackets, and I can’t take it to get the tires and alignment until I put the rear end together. Of course the fab shop is not in as big of a hurry as I am LOL! It’s taking up precious shop space that could be used for something else to make money instead of cost money.
The 2021 is a great truck! But so is my 2007, that’s why it got all new parts, I’ve had it forever and I can’t part with it now. I also have a VW CC that needs the head decarboned and timing chain, I have a S10 that we are building in the shop, nothing wild, just a clean build, a Mercedes 450sl that decided to throw up all its oil in the driveway yesterday as I was moving it to a different parking spot. So the VW is going to the VW guy this week to get fixed so I can sell it, the 450 is getting towed to the shop and tucked in a corner until I can collect all the parts to motor swap it and get it ready for paint, the S10 I am still waiting on my THIRD set of doors to show up that aren’t destroyed from shipping, then we can move forward with that build... oh and there is about 15 customer cars a week that need repaired ahead of all my projects LOL
EDC2F479-468B-4A1B-912C-53A57CE40EC9.jpeg
9DE0DE90-A0FB-400A-A109-E04BEF1DD3AB.jpeg
FEE14BDD-A055-47C4-B3C2-2F0C7D4AC824.jpeg
BB7EF125-3136-44F7-A2B5-119F20B916F6.jpeg
34EC06E4-27C7-43B8-B350-DFA17FE83444.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
6,084 Posts
I love the name of the shop. You are certainly showing your 2007 RL a lot of love, @JimmyChopIt.

Reactions: MrC

·
Registered
104 Posts
You are industrious sir!

Great looking new truck--waiting anxiously for mine to arrive this week (PW BE).

I also LOVE that Mercedes. I'm actually a BMW guy, but a vintage 450SL is the one (convertible) I would like to have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are industrious sir!

Great looking new truck--waiting anxiously for mine to arrive this week (PW BE).

I also LOVE that Mercedes. I'm actually a BMW guy, but a vintage 450SL is the one (convertible) I would like to have.
Thank you!
I actually opened up the original soft top for the first time ever the over day... NEVER been up, always had the hardtop on it or no top. I’m not a purist guy so I’ll probably catch a TON of crap for putting in a Fatman fab m2 front end under it and a LS under the hood lol. Something about dropping $10k to have the original rebuilt and tuned doesn’t sound too appealing to me. For that kind of dough i can build quite the suspension and drivetrain to something more modern and easily available as far as parts go. They are meant to be driven and enjoyed right? If they were supposed to be an investment all street rodders would be broke! Lol

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,501 Posts
It is a miracle that the truck did not collapse on itself with that much rust, let alone kill you on the drive with broken lift kit. Was a home grown kit or something that you bought off the shelf?
174K is nothing,
Columbus Ohio is about the same latitude as I am in NJ and I have over 240K+ and in 2019 when i changed my suspension, I had no broken bolts or a shower of rust. Granted I dont see much rust in '09+ MY Ridgelines and cant say the same for the earlier 3 years.

Maybe do a rust treatment on your '21 using FluidFilm or something?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts