Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a roll-n-lock a little over one month ago. I am really happy with it but for one problem. The smaller screws it comes with to secure it to the side of the truck are not rust proof. I have rust stains on the inside and on the outside. The thing is that my truck is rarely left outside. I live in an apartment and for 5 days of the week its underground. I used a little plastic coat to protect them, but really they need to be powder-coated.

Any chance of getting proper replacements from roll-n-lock?

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Sorry...had to check this post out to make sure I wasn't being insulted or to make sure there weren't any "naughty" photos. :eek: Carry on. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got a roll-n-lock a little over one month ago. I am really happy with it but for one problem. The smaller screws it comes with to secure it to the side of the truck are not rust proof. I have rust stains on the inside and on the outside. The thing is that my truck is rarely left outside. I live in an apartment and for 5 days of the week its underground. I used a little plastic coat to protect them, but really they need to be powder-coated.

Any chance of getting proper replacements from roll-n-lock?
AIN:

We're glad to hear you're enjoing your RNL cover, but are concerned about the rust stains emitting from the "smaller screws". Are you referring to the bolts referenced in Steps 2C - 2E of the installation gude that mount the Track Flanges to the top of the inside walls? It would be helpful if you could send a digital photo or two of the issue to me at [email protected] so we make sure we get you what you need the first time.

Best regards,
Dan

·
Registered
366 Posts
Did someone say Rusty screws a dog in a little plastic coat?

That photo was priceless. Made me LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have to hand it to Roll-n-lock. Excellent customer service! They contacted me shortly after I initiated this post and Dan and the guys send me replacement screws within a couple of weeks. They kept me informed and identified the problem with their inventory, which has now been rectified.

In short, I would not hesitate to recommend a Roll-n-lock cover to all ROC members. Not only is the cover awesome, but good customer service can be hard to come by these days and Roll-n-lock have that nailed.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
We see so many complaints about customer service and how companies just can't get it right. So nice to see Roll-n-lock has it all figured out. Treat folks well, and you'll get more customers. Seems simple, but it's amazing how many companies just don't get it. Congrats Roll-n-lock!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts