Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I’ve read over at the Pilot forum that installing a VCM disabler reduced/eliminated the funky 6 speed “engine brake/tranny downshift” effect when decelerating to a stop. True???? If so, which unit did you install?......S-VCM or VCM Tuner II?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm gonna tell you what I think...

I drive 88 miles to work one way. Usually with the cruise set at 57-62 mph. Indiana is mostly smooth, I cancel the cruise a long way to stops, I try to hyper mileage my MPGs and it's pretty easy currently as traffic is minimal until I get to Indy/465, then it's balls to the wall for 15 miles to the Aeroporto.

I bought a Scan Gauge. Scan gauge 2? The bourbon tonight has made me forget, but I digress.. to monitor the VCM and I will say it NEVER SHOWS IT ACTIVE. Like hardly ever. Maybe at 55, cruising downhill, for a second. As soon as the throttle picks up, it's back off.

I hardly ever notice it activated. And I am bored driving 88 miles at 55 mph, with nothing else to do but watch my gauges. It's a pilot thing I guess lol.

Like I'm 47 and probably drive like I'm 20 years older. I leave for work SUPER early, remember if you're 5 minutes early, you're 10 minutes late, right. Young people flipping me off...screaming expletives, I should probably put the reflective "STUDENT DRIVER" magnet I had made when I was teaching my kids just so people calm TF down, and oh trust me I'm an aggressive, usually in a big-ass hurry driver and will cut you the hell off in traffic to make an exit guy. These guys don't even know the track time I've had nor that my day job is over 450mph all the time.

IMHO the VCM has been so hobbled from the previous gen to prevent breaking your expensive to replace active motor mounts, etc., that all these VCM disabling devices are a waste of money.

Man, this Backbone Bourbon is good, but I think that's for a different thread!
Backbone Bourbon,,, go it thanks.
Back to the matter at hand, and I admit I know the info is here somewhere, but what gauges are you monitoring?
I just got my RL last week and have yet to feel anything odd, vibrating,loss of power etc.... while on the freeway.
I suspect your assesment is correct, due to previousl issues it has been dumbed down a bit.
Basil Haydens Bourbon is worth a "shot" if you have not tried it,,,,,

21 - 22 of 22 Posts