Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Seat belt usage

• I wear my seat belt every time I get in.

Votes: 73 94.8%
  • I never wear my seat belt.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I sometimes wear my seat belt.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I wear it only because the law says I have to.

Votes: 1 1.3%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Doing the job I do, I've seen way too many injuries caused by people not wearing their seatbelts. Always wear mine :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Kellcut said:
Doing the job I do, I've seen way too many injuries caused by people not wearing their seatbelts. Always wear mine :)
I was trained by my four daughters to wear my seatbelts. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Safety in the Ridgeline - Seat Belts

Not a problem. I have worn seat belts since they were 1st installed in cars as standard equipment. As a result I now feel partially naked without my belt on.

I also used motorcylce helmets before the state law required them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just a quick story. About 30 sum odd years ago I was driving about 70 MPH and as I topped a hill the tye rod came lose. As I approched the bottom of the hill there was a concrete colvert that I could not afford to hit. I had to ease on the brakes and go to the right and then I had to realy put on the breaks. After rolling over 3 and a half times I was hanging upside down on my seat belt (no shoulder belts in those days). I came out of that in good shape. My truck was totaled.

In those days I was one of a few that used my seat belt. I buckle up in my drive way even when I'm just moving my truck over to the side.

Tiger

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is the first vehicle that I have worn my seatbelt in. :eek:

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I can't drive a few hundred feet without feeling 'naked'....I always wear it. I remember when I lived in NY and it became a 'primary' law, and that's when I began wearing it every day (besides, the work van I had to drive was piece of crap and I guess I did have to wear it for self preservation!).

I've been fortunate enough not to have to put it to the test in 25 years of driving. And I appreciate those of you who shared your stories. It may not change anyone else's mind, but it keeps yours safe! :D

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I wear mine 100% of the time. The car does not move until everyone is buckled up. My kids would scream if I started to move before they had theirs on. Given the choice, in the few seconds before and after a serious impact, I would much rather be in the position to maintain as much control as possible as opposed to flying around the interior - or the exterior. It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up when I see kids standing between the seats or being held on a lap.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Always wear mine.

·
Registered
274 Posts
It pays to buckle up here (not just for safety) but also $$ wise. A speeding ticket is cheaper here compared to a seat belt infraction.. you get nailed 4 times if you don't buckle up.
1. A heavy fine
2. Demerit points on your drivers licence (costs more)
3. Increase in your insurance rates.
4. Loss of your 10 to 20 percent discount for a safe driving record when you renew your vehicle registration.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I have been using seat belts since 1962, when if you wanted seat belts in your car, you had to install them yourself. I'm still alive thanks to seat belts.
As for the recurring beeping, it does get a little annoying at times, like when I don't fasten my belt to back my boat down a ramp, but if it is getting people to wear belts that haven't in the past, I'll live with it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I always wear my seatbelt & so does everyone who ride in my truck. They do work, About 7 years ago a front tire blew out in my Chevy Z71 4 x 4, the thing rolled over 5 or six times. I had afew lumps & bumps and a broken coller bone. But I survived thanks to seat belt. :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The last time I can remember not wearing a seat belt would have to have been in 1978 in a Volkwagen Bus and I was 8 years old. Nothing happened, I just remember not wearing one then. I will admit to wearing them sporatically in the back seat when I was young (under 12), but always in the front seat. My wife won't even sit in a car without her seat belt on even if the car isn't running. She has sat in the driveway with her seat belt on reading the manual and listening to the radio. I don't go that far but I generally do not start the car without putting on my seat belt.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts