Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

121 - 140 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
My worry is that Takata will declare bankruptcy.

Who is paying for all these replacement parts?

Chip H.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,043 Posts
Yes and more mention of the "question mark" as to whether the replacement inflators are any safer than the originals.

They mention that Honda will provide a loaner car while you are waiting for your replacement parts to become available. Does that mean that once you confirm with Honda that your vehicle has defective parts that you are entitled to a loaner vehicle even if they can't fix your vehicle for months?

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,201 Posts
Get in line now. I have a reservation for a replacement air bag and loaner car scheduled for July 19th, 2021.

:D

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
My worry is that Takata will declare bankruptcy.

Who is paying for all these replacement parts?
No worries, expanding airbag supplier chain to accommodate the expanded recall

In expanding the recall, Honda has been in talks with other air bag suppliers, namely Autoliv Inc. ALV, +3.23% and Daicel Corp. 4202, -0.29% to boost production of replacement parts to completed the needed fixes. Honda had previously limited recall repairs to 13 U.S. states and territories.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/honda-plans-to-expand-recall-of-driver-side-takata-air-bags-2014-12-03-13103333?link=sfmw

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Sure, I can see additional assembly lines being built to satisfy the surge in demand. But in the end, someone has to pay for them, whether it's Honda, Takata, or their insurance companies. And hopefully, one or more of the above has deep enough pockets.

Chip H.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Sure, I can see additional assembly lines being built to satisfy the surge in demand. But in the end, someone has to pay for them, whether it's Honda, Takata, or their insurance companies. And hopefully, one or more of the above has deep enough pockets.

Chip H.
Honda (and all the other manufacturers) are "self-insured". They have to "eat" their mistakes.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Geez, I stay away for awhile and I miss this! I guess I need to visit my Dealer. Hopefully, I won't have to send Joe any info. I've been using my mechanic since we've known them for years and they're usually 50% of what dealer quotes are. Crossing my fingers.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Folks I'm trying to help, but only one person has given me all the information I need via PM. I need your info, the VIN, and the dealer involved. I can't do anything without the VIN.
Good Evening Joe,

Thank you for taking care of us. I had the unfortunate opportunity Saturday, 12/6/14 while speaking to the Asst. Service Manager at my local Honda dealer telling me that if I wanted to have the airbag and/or canister replaced in my 06 Ridgeline they would be happy to change it out, but I would have to pay for it. It was just a matter of fact. I was gentle, smiled, didn't blow a gasket, thanked him for his time and understanding of my concern for my personal safety and asked him for his business card. All I could think was are just you just stupid, or Fstupid? That's too hard and I apologize, probably ignorant, nay, he really didn't care about my concern. I thanked him for his time and asked him to make sure he was up-to-date on all the current Honda of America concerns for their customers regarding airbag replacement and safety. I would like to name the dealership, but I will take the high road in a public forum.

God Bless you Joe.

aka Carolina Ridgeline

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Good Evening Joe,

Thank you for taking care of us. I had the unfortunate opportunity Saturday, 12/6/14 while speaking to the Asst. Service Manager at my local Honda dealer telling me that if I wanted to have the airbag and/or canister replaced in my 06 Ridgeline they would be happy to change it out, but I would have to pay for it. It was just a matter of fact. I was gentle, smiled, didn't blow a gasket, thanked him for his time and understanding of my concern for my personal safety and asked him for his business card. All I could think was are just you just stupid, or Fstupid? That's too hard and I apologize, probably ignorant, nay, he really didn't care about my concern. I thanked him for his time and asked him to make sure he was up-to-date on all the current Honda of America concerns for their customers regarding airbag replacement and safety. I would like to name the dealership, but I will take the high road in a public forum.

God Bless you Joe.

aka Carolina Ridgeline
I keep getting told basically the same thing from my dealership. I have inquired several times about getting this recall repair done and they keep telling me the same thing...since my vehicle's VIN is not listed as one of the affected vehicles, they will not change out the airbag inflator as part of the recall.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've been checking my VIN daily on honda.com/recalls. Nothing yet. Not sure when this note was added but it looks like some changes will happen there in a little over a week - maybe:
"Vehicle-specific information about the recently announced Driver's Front Airbag Inflator Safety Improvement Campaign affecting certain 2001 through 2007 Honda vehicles is not yet available. We currently expect that information to be available on this site starting on December 19, 2014. Please check back here on or after that date for updated information."

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well, some progress today. Still no vehicle specific info, but the web page does at least pop up the generic recall info. It's a start!
NHTSA RECALL NUMBER: 14V-351
MFR CAMPAIGN ID: JH2
RECALL DATE: 06/19/2014
RECALL STATUS: Recall INCOMPLETE

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Got my 2006 (PA) fixed today under the recall. That I know of it's not been registered in a "high humidity" state but I'll check.

Took all of one day after my VIN showed up on Honda's site as having that open recall.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Got my 2006 (PA) fixed today under the recall. That I know of it's not been registered in a "high humidity" state but I'll check.

Took all of one day after my VIN showed up on Honda's site as having that open recall.
That's good news. Glad to hear they had the part in stock. Did they happen to say anything about the passenger side airbag?

·
Registered
2011 RTL w/Nav
284 Posts
I have a 2006 and I'm in Chicago. I was at the dealership on Monday having something else done and, as I was leaving, was told that they had ordered a replacement part for the drivers side airbag and would call me when it was in. Got the call the next day. Haven't had it done, yet, though. Trying to decide first whether I want to have my steering wheel replaced at the same time, with a leather one.

I had checked once before and had been told that my truck was not included in the recall, so I guess that changed recently. I have not read all the posts in this thread, so I apologize if I am offering information that is already known.

·
Registered
788 Posts
KSPhoto - I had the same scenario. Checked earlier and they said my RL was not part of the recall. I had my oil changed recently and they told me it now is. I asked why and they said as far as Honda is concerned my truck does not need a new part but the government wants all 2006 RLs taken care of for this particular issue. Interesting.

121 - 140 of 180 Posts