Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice their door sagging just a little? Mine is just a hair up top and I'm wondering if it's an easy fix cause I'd hate to drive two hours to the dealership!

·
Registered
928 Posts
When it comes to forum questions, a picture is worth a thousand words.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
My passenger side is actually aligned perfectly ( door match...design lines reflection at light angle will let you know how things are aligned. )

My driver side... driver door is a touch higher then the rear...but the rear design line still match the bed. :p

However... I kinda like the way thing "is" ... it compensates for future weight leaning on it...haha ! :grin: ( a characteristic ;) )

if yours is noticeable (extreme) ... if you're brave enough...take a look at the door hinges..and think physics ;)

I haven't look at mine, but..hint...loosen hinge bolts, then:

if you want lift, tighten the top 1st, and if need sag...you do the reverse...just don't overkill things...and you really need to "neutral" support the door. ;)

It's not a 1 person job & are you brave enough ?>:) ...mine is actually a plus (pros) :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
As a retired body shop mgr. I can tell you don't mess with it, it's much more of a job then someone without any knowledge of doing this can handle. If your looking at the top molding an thinking the door is lower, I would say if anything it's the molding, but this is not uncommon. Word of thought, have you ever seen bodymen work on cars, they use big hammers to fore things into alignment. Look at your bottom molding, it's in perfect alignment.

trainman

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It ended up being the rear door. The latch was causing the door to push up. I bent the latch hoop down just a little and that fixed the issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just for future reference, the strikers are adjustable, the hinges are not.

The strikers attach by screws going into cage nuts contained on the inside of the B-pillar. Loosen the screws, and whack the striker with a plastic head mallet to free the cage nuts. You can then adjust multi-directional.

The only somewhat reasonable way to adjust the hinge-side of the door is by replacing the hinge-to-door shoulder bolts with bolts that have a smaller shoulder. This gives you a couple mm's of wiggle room. Normally, the hinge-to-body and hinge-to-door are not meant to be adjusted by the fasteners. They are robotically set at the factory with shoulder bolts that allow no adjustment. As someone mentioned, you can "strong-arm" the door, but that is best left to someone who has experience with that. Let's just say, door adjustment at the factory is not a gentle loving act! :surprise:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I wouldn't mess with it... you are just asking for trouble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts