Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Honda is reporting 3371 Ridgelines sold for October. I guess they are holding steady, based on this month and the last 4 months sales they may just hit the 40K sales target. Lets hope they keep it up.
From what I have been told by the GM of the dealer I frequent, 2017 Pilot will go on sale in December. That may or may not put pressure on G2 production. What may impact is the new Odyssey coming on line. I would take a wild guess that Honda may load up the pipeline with extra G2 so they don't take a hit. I have been seeing my local dealers inventory creeping up on the inventory on hand.

For reference here are the sales reported:

October 3371
September 3318
August 3437
July 3518
June 2472 (about 13 days of sales)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a sad feeling the inventory that's creeping up may only be the already-saturated segments of the market... RTL, Sport, etc. Those of us still wanting versions like the RTL-E have not seen rises in inventory levels, and therefore they still command MSRP (or +, but sometimes a token few hundred dollar discount) in most areas.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
E's are nearly non existant in South Florida. The ones that are here are because the dealers are not willing to roll on price. There are less than a handful. BE are available with most dealers down here having one but often havin two and three. The one thing down here is the lack of color selection... lots of silver, grey and black. AWD in the lesser trims are a rare sight.

I have a feeling that as long as the truck keeps getting good press and the fact that it has mainstream appearance this truck will at least suceed for the foreseeable future. Toyota, Nissan and GM have proven to Honda that there is money to be made in this segment. As much as we may not like it, Honda marketing put the most desired options on the upper trims which I'm sure they make the most money on. Some of us will hold out but lots people won't be like some of us here. This truck I'm sure will be the "filler" vehicle that will make Honda lots of cash in the long run.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I ordered an RTL-T (Forest Mist Metallic) on October 16th. Expected delivery is February.
I see this is your first post, welcome. I hope your dealer is reliable, that would be a guess on his part from the way Honda does business with their dealers. I hope it all works out for you.

trainman

·
Super Moderator
5,340 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an FYI, Honda Pilot sales are sinking like a rock!

Honda Pilot
October 8677 September 12,913 [/B]-32.8%

There is no doubt some of this is due to lack of available inventory-but there may be other factors.

The Toyota Highlander sold 17,668 units in October.

Top 20 Best-Selling SUVs In America - October 2016 - GOOD CAR BAD CAR

I think that a more fair comparison is the month over month sales... this month is about 400 below the last couple of months of just over 9k each month. Remember that last year it was also a new truck so it was hot. Now there are newer or refreshed trucks in its class. I do agree that sales dipped but they also have had productions constraints for a while. When I was at the dealer yesterday getting an oil change on the Accord, I noticed that for the first time in a while the dealer had about 6 or more touring elites. That's significant because in the past it was a waiting period or sold before they hit the ground.

Plus Honda will put cash on them suckers to move them. I wish they would at least put a financing promo on the G2. But as long as the numbers are steady as posted above and the truck is on pace to do their goal of 40k a year we won't see a thing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I see this is your first post, welcome. I hope your dealer is reliable, that would be a guess on his part from the way Honda does business with their dealers. I hope it all works out for you.

trainman
I tried negotiating with every dealer within 100 miles of me and the most I got them to come down was $500 below MSRP. Ended up going through the Costco program and getting $1,200 above invoice.

I have 8 dealerships within about 25 miles of me, and that's still the best I could do even pitting them against each other. Most of them have RTL-T's listed as "available" on their website, but nobody actually has them on the lot that are not already sold.

We flipped through their delivery book to find the next available FMM RTL-T and didn't hit an open slot until February.

Oh well!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just took delivery of my G2 today... ordered it Labor Day Weekend and it came in last week (I was away on business and came home last night). It's an RTL-T, Modern Steel/Black. Loving it so far!! It really drives great! I was able to get a couple hundred under MSRP and a discount on some over priced accessories (which do look great). I did get a good trade value for my 09 Element EX with 105K miles ($9K). I went strait from the dealer (MA) to a truck supply shop and ordered a Leer 100XL cap which should be in in 2/3 weeks.

I'm very happy with the G2 and can't wait to start driving it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Arrrrrggggghhhhhhh! I got a nice multi-page color advertising pamphlet in the mail today for the Ridgeline. Makes the wait even harder--what a great problem for Honda to have though---3 or 4 month waiting list to pay almost full MSRP for a near top of the line model.

Modern Steel/Black RTL-E ordered Oct 17

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have yet to see a G2 in the wild here in Alaska (Anchorage really). Starting to feel a little lonely on the streets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Arrrrrggggghhhhhhh! I got a nice multi-page color advertising pamphlet in the mail today for the Ridgeline. Makes the wait even harder--what a great problem for Honda to have though---3 or 4 month waiting list to pay almost full MSRP for a near top of the line model.

Modern Steel/Black RTL-E ordered Oct 17
That's the exact color combo I just got on an RTL-T... you're gonna love it! It was my first choice. It did take 7 long weeks to be delivered but so worth it! Best of luck!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
There are NO E's or BE's available in the KC area... We were lucky to snag a dealer "allocated" BE that was scheduled for production. Placed our deposit last Friday and received the VIN today!! Now waiting on the ETA...

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member to the ROC. I purchased my 2017 RTL-E last Friday. It was at the Delaware dealer one day before I picked it up. They had not received an E model in weeks and never had a deep scarlet pearl color in any model. I traded in my 2006 Red Ridgeline with 200,012 miles. It was the best truck I have ever owned. Glad to have the new 2017 and hope to get the same reliable service from it, for at least the next 10 years.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just bought an RTL-E yesterday.

I had to drive over 4 hours to the dealer to get it. The RTL-E is super hard to find here in the mid atlantic (Maryland/DC/VA) area. Most dealers who list the RTL-E on their site inventory don't actually have any in stock yet, or have them pre-sold. A local dealer I tried to purchase through told me it looked like Spring to get the model/color I wanted.

Pete

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have a sad feeling the inventory that's creeping up may only be the already-saturated segments of the market... RTL, Sport, etc. Those of us still wanting versions like the RTL-E have not seen rises in inventory levels, and therefore they still command MSRP (or +, but sometimes a token few hundred dollar discount) in most areas.
Yep, here in FL see a lot of dealers with 7-10 RL's but all or most FWD RTL's....still hard to find AWD E's or T's in my area

·
Super Moderator
1,563 Posts
Just checked here in Bradenton FL - 13 at one dealer (mostly FWD) and 10 at another nearby and another 5 at one other. All within the 50mi search of Carguru.com And that was only 3 dealers. I didn't even look further. Looks to be plenty of stock around here.

Steve M

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Not many RTL-E or BE being built right now. Too many problems. Some are almost comical.

Hint, hint, I'm in Ohio in a few hours. Is there a spark? I doubt it, but I took the offer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts