Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been asked a few times on itinerary for the meet. I do not have the full itinerary as of right now, but here is how I am seeing my plans with the details currently available.

Car Wash places:
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=210143&postcount=14

(SAMPLE... Subject to change)

Thursday 8/2
Arrive at the hotel
Check into hotel and check in with Tom (T Mac) at hotel
Meet other ROC'rs for Dinner/drinks (or whatever)
wash truck ? (yes a night washing :eek: )

Friday 8/3 (thanks jpphoto)
9:00 meet at hotel ready to go. take I-70 into city (Highway 64/40 is under construction.)

9:30 Park and go to Saint Louis Arch
Parking 2 places
1) Garage at the north end of Arch Grounds $6
2) Down on the Levee (depends on river height) $4

For those wanting to go to the top of the Arch, I (jpphoto) recommend Pre-Purcase of tickets so you won't have to stand in line!! Choose a time for all of you to go say 11:00 as the tram takes about an hour:

Noonish Lunch
1) Arch view Cafe
2) Hardee's up by the Mercury Fountain in Kienar Plaza
3) Imo's Pizza on Gravois (real St. Louis Style Pizza)
Also have the choice of going to Ted Drewes Frozen Custard on Chippewa St

1:30-1:45 meet at Anheuser-Bush Brewery Tour

3:30 finish at Brewery and return to Hotel etc.

5:00-5:30 Meet at Trailhead Brewery in St. Charles for dinner

Saturday 8/4
Breakfast with ROC'rs
wash truck ? (again? :) )
10:30 ROC meeting at Drury Hotel
noon Huey's Honda Dealership
Meet other ROC'rs for Dinner/drinks (or whatever)

Sunday 8/5
Breakfast with ROC'rs
Drive home

Hope this helps! :cool:

·
Registered
360 Posts
xridgelinex do you really think I would let my fellow ROCers go to just any car wash????

see post 14 on the Official Hotel info thread.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I'll probably be arriving early Friday afternoon and I figure some others will too at that time frame. Will we be left to our own devices if the rest are already chugging down brews?

·
Registered
360 Posts
John we will probably get you guys some cell numbers so that you can catch up to where we are at that point if you want.

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,613 Posts
Important note....

We will have an official meet site up later this month and it will contain an agenda. Keith (K757) has the general idea with his sample.

Each day, we'll have a few things going on and all are optional.

We'll specify where we are going and *generally* what time we plan to go there but it's also going to be a loose, fun weekend.

Thursday - some will arrive (including me and Julie) and we'll start checking some people in, go get some dinner somewhere fun and just hang out.

Friday WILL involve checking out various sites in St. Louis and John is working on that since he's the local guru.

Saturday WILL be the great Ridge Run gathering at Huey's Honda in St. Louis (just 10 minutes from the hotel). There will be LOTS of trucks there - even many local owners who may not know about ROC yet. We'll also have the show trucks at the dealership and service clinics going on with your trucks.

Sunday will be a travel day.

The hotel has a large area in the lobby with some good breakfast. We'll probably chow, load up and hit the road.

So again... more official details to follow and an official registration process as well. However, if you plan to attend and you haven't exchanged emails with me yet about the service clinic, please contact me.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sound like fun. I think im going to take off work on friday and drive up on friday morning and meet up with everyone around lunch time. its a 5hr drive for me but Im thinking about leaving at around 7am to not hit louisville traffic. I cant wait....

·
Registered
289 Posts
K757, TMac, or whoever,
I realize that there is no 'set in stone' itinerary for the ROC meet, but has a 'core' itinerary been established yet? My wife and I plan on getting to St. Louis around midday Friday, and we plan on going ballroom dancing Friday evening, but the rest of the time we plan to hang out with the rest of the ROC'ers.

Jim

P.S. - In the meantime, I will begin working on the perfect weather forecast for that weekend. With my luck, it will probably rain all weekend. :D

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
K757, TMac, or whoever,
I realize that there is no 'set in stone' itinerary for the ROC meet, but has a 'core' itinerary been established yet? My wife and I plan on getting to St. Louis around midday Friday, and we plan on going ballroom dancing Friday evening, but the rest of the time we plan to hang out with the rest of the ROC'ers.

Jim (Weatherman)
Here is the schedule:
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/event2007/schedule.php?btn=schedule

For the nighttime, members have been discussing (not an official part of the meet) night activities that include hanging out, having some beverages, maybe an ice cream run. Essentially a hang-out session. Discussion is here:http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15702

:)

·
Registered
289 Posts
will the check-in point for the meet be at the Drury hotel or another designated location, or has that been decided yet?

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
will the check-in point for the meet be at the Drury hotel or another designated location, or has that been decided yet?
I think it will be at the Drury hotel somewhere. I'm positive final details will follow.

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,613 Posts
Yes, consider the hotel the check-in point for everything. We will have your badges, lanyards, shirts, etc. at the hotel to officially "check-in" with me and JuliE. Also, we'll depart from there on Friday for the St. Louis tour and on Saturday for the short drive to Huey's Honda.

We'll also depart from there on Saturday evening for dinner.

The more trucks in one location, the better...right?

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
The tour list currently includes places such as (1) St. Louis Museum of Transportation; (2) Imo's Pizza in Kirkwood; (3) Ted Drew's Custard; (4) Anheuser Busch Tour; (5) Gateway Arch.

John remember last year when we tried the poker run???

It's hard to keep 10-20 RL's in a line and getting to one spot and then the next....
Figure about 1 hour at each stop and you have about 6-8 hours of activity planned. I am not sure of each location to each other but you may want to think of a drive by for example the Museum of Transportation. Then if members want to they can always go back to the location on there own.

When we make the tour we should have the RL's with Navi dispersed so people in the back will still have someone to follow....

The Brewery Tour and Arch alone will probably take almost 4 hours of time...

Just a thought...

:)

·
Registered
360 Posts
New Itinerary for Friday

9:00 meet at hotel ready to go
take highway 70 into city (Highway 64/40 is under construction.)
http://www.thenewi64.org/

9:30 Park and go to Saint Louis Arch
Parking 2 places 1) Garage at the north end of Arch Grounds $6.00
2) Down on the Levee (depends on river height) 4:00

For those wanting to go to the top of the Arch, I recommend Pre-Purcase of tickets so you won't have to stand in line!! Choose a time for all of you to go say 11:00 as the tram takes about an hour
http://ticketsforthearch.com/ecom/eacts/getActivities.do?activity=1&storeName=arch&brandId=arch

Noonish Lunch
1) Arch view Cafe
http://www.gatewayarch.com/Arch/info/plan.din.arch.aspx
2) Hardee's up by the Mercury Fountain in Kienar Plaza
3) Imo's Pizza on Gravois (real St. Louis Style Pizza)
http://www.imospizza.com/
Those wanting to have the choice of going to Ted Drews Frozen Custard on Chippewa St http://www.teddrewes.com/Drewes.asp

1:30-1:45 meet at Anheuser-Bush Brewery
http://www.budweisertours.com/
3:30 finish at Brewery and return to Hotel etc.

5:00-5:30 Meet at Trailhead Brewery in St. Charles for dinner
http://www.trailheadbrewing.com/

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Well crud, what are us coming Friday afternoon going to get to do? I was wanting to do the arch, but maybe some of us late-comers can do it Saturday?

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
I am considering coming up a day sooner. These weekend events are nice but makes for 4 days at the vet's for boarding the dog an cat. Think coming in on Thursday is the only way to go, guess I will call and get reservations for Thurday night also.

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am considering coming up a day sooner. These weekend events are nice but makes for 4 days at the vet's for boarding the dog an cat. Think coming in on Thursday is the only way to go, guess I will call and get reservations for Thurday night also.
Dogs are tough to leave, but cats are self sufficient. I'll leave my cats for 5 days with enough food and water for three weeks. ut-oh... the ASPCA will be knocking on my door for sure now.

Thursday is the best as you'll get the opportunity to hang out that extra bit and see some more things. My plan on Thursday night is check in, have dinner with some ROC'rs and then go wash up my truck before some late night beverages.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Dogs are tough to leave, but cats are self sufficient. I'll leave my cats for 5 days with enough food and water for three weeks. ut-oh... the ASPCA will be knocking on my door for sure now.

Thursday is the best as you'll get the opportunity to hang out that extra bit and see some more things. My plan on Thursday night is check in, have dinner with some ROC'rs and then go wash up my truck before some late night beverages.
I will probably leave out around 8:00 Thursday morning, stop at Patti's in Grank Rivers, KY for an early lunch, then get to the hotel about 3:00. Just in time to clean up for Happy Hour!:cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts