Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will sandbags will be needed in the back of the RL for added weight during winter driving (I know, it's almost summer but I'm thinking ahead)?

·
Registered
198 Posts
nwdiver said:
Will sandbags will be needed in the back of the RL for added weight during winter driving (I know, it's almost summer but I'm thinking ahead)?
So the guy from Alabama answers...I don't think so. The Ridge will be using front wheel drive most of the time even in the snow. VSA will take care of the rest.
Now you are probably thinking what does someone from Bama know about snow. The answer is nothing, but, I grew up in Syracuse NY, the snowiest major metropolitan area in the US.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
BamaRidge said:
So the guy from Alabama answers...I don't think so. The Ridge will be using front wheel drive most of the time even in the snow. VTM will take care of the rest.
Now you are probably thinking what does someone from Bama know about snow. The answer is nothing, but, I grew up in Syracuse NY, the snowiest major metropolitan area in the US.
And the guy from Tennessee agrees! :D

In fact, extra weight in the back would probably cause more use of the rear wheels because it would reduce the weight in the front (or at least shift it toward the rear). This is why a front wheel drive car does better without being loaded down.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't assume anymore based upon where a person is located...I for one am also a transplant from NY. Only thing is I can't take the extremes--high heat, freezing cold, or high humidity anymore--all I ask for is rain, the more the better! :eek:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Its not really the snow I worry about its the freezing rain that we get in Portland. I'm assuming you get the same up in your neck of the woods as well.

I doubt I get any sand bags but I will be swinging by Les Schwab to get a set of chains.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Being the guy from Florida, I really have nothing of merit to add. :D

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Most of it was washed away with the numerous hurricanes that blasted us this past season. ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mayfielh said:
Its not really the snow I worry about its the freezing rain that we get in Portland. I'm assuming you get the same up in your neck of the woods as well.

I doubt I get any sand bags but I will be swinging by Les Schwab to get a set of chains.
You'd think we would but we don't--Oregon gets hit with more storms than we do. Some say that it is the convergence zone that keeps the "bad" weather out, others say it's Puget Sound that regulates the temps and evens out the weather. All I know is that I'm a softie when it comes to weather but I'm waterproof.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I live in Michigan where we get snow about 5 mos. a year. My '02 CR-V worked well on the snow as long as I didn't floor it and mostly drove 40s on 70 MPH areas. I really haven't driven my Ridge on snow but IMO it wouldn't be different from driving a CR-V.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Believe me, the VSA makes it a *lot* different than your CR-V.

·
Registered
996 Posts
mayfielh said:

You won't be needing any sand or chains with this truck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts