Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpg

New HU, back up cam, steering wheel control adapter, and dd dash kit. Just a few more odds and ends and I'll be ready for an install.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Beats a lump of coal any day! Please post pics and impressions.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I'm looking forward to getting everything together and installed. Going to do the install my self as I don't have the funds for a shop. I'll post pics and updates

·
Registered
233 Posts
I don't recall the dash kit or harness that I used. I haven't installed any steering wheel adapters either. I do have a PAC SWI adapter somewhere in my garage that I need to install. Oh now that I think about it I did install the video bypass like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MicroBypass...450?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41817a1742

It works great and I didn't have to wire into my parking break or anything else. The install was pretty straight forward and I have the microphone mounted up by my rearview mirror.

A few weeks ago I did have a shop install a backup camera for me as I didn't have time to run the wires. I used this camera:

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/hce-c104

I also have the mirror link cable for my iphone, but it is a waste of money.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the links and info. Trying to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before I tear apart my dash

·
Registered
790 Posts
I did my install of my own headunit the avh 1500 and it is pretty straighyt forward, but you sure will need a good day and everything ready especially if you are going to run a video cable for the rear cam, but its not that hard.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Camera looks good. I have the plate mount style as well. The camera came with a cable but it doesn't seem long enough to me or very durable. Have to look into a longer cable. Are you guys running a micro bypass? Not sure exactly what that is.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks, I do run the micro bypass which allows you to play videos anytime you want. It's really easy to install and costs maybe $20. I had my camera installed at a shop and they used a cable extension since the oem cable was to short.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts