Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went canoing this weekend and at the place where took out of the river there was a collection of...well, ATV-driving, beer-swilling, cigarette-smoking redneck-types. You know, fat old drunk men with fat bleach-blonde drunk old wives, who's weekend revolves around drinking and more drinking. Anyway, they were all parked in a cluster (about 8 bikes with coolers strapped to the front so they could reach the beer more easily) jawin' and smokin', as we pulled our RL and trailer up to load up the canoes and gear. They're all having a good gander at the truck when one sadly shakes his head and says: "Well, it ain't no El Camino". :eek:

*no offense to the average person who has fun on ATV's; these guys and gals are in a catagory all their own! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nope. ain't no chevy nohow.
Hez said:
(snip)when one sadly shakes his head and says: "Well, it ain't no El Camino". :eek:

*no offense to the average person who has fun on ATV's; these guys and gals are in a catagory all their own! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I bet if they had seen the trunk and it had been filled w/ beer, they would have s*%t their pants. XM? They are still listening to 8 tracks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ridgeline and the fairer sex

I picked up my Ridgeline last Friday - great vehicle! Saturday morning, I went by my office building to get a spare phone battery and ran into Don, a seventy-something co-worker who likes pickup trucks.

We go to the parking lot to check it out; Don is oohing and ahhing over the Ridgeline features when a very attractive woman who works in another office appears from the door of the building.

For several weeks, I've been trying to figure out how to approach this particular woman and not come across like an idiot. Anyway, she spies us and the Ridgeline and says, "New Honda?" I say, "Yes." She says, "Mind if I take a look?" Trying to keep my cool, I say "Sure." I show her the trunk (by far the coolest feature), interior, etc. Yada, yada, I get her name and number. I didn't even get around to demoing the XM radio!

I should mention that one of my female co-workers rode with me in a demo several weeks back, and she loved it, too.

Now the question: Have any of you guys noticed that women seem to love this thing? I know Joe Diffie sang that "There's just something women like about a pickup man," but what's the deal? Also, if any of you female Ridgeline owners could chime in, I'd love to hear your comments.

Bob

·
Registered
176 Posts
Congrats on getting the number. :cool: Just don't let her drive it.

L

·
0 Posts
H20MAN said:
Just don't let her drive it.
EXCUSE ME!!!! :mad:
There have been two things in my life that have struck a nerve with me, like this comment did, in my entire life. ( we won't go into them :rolleyes: )
Care to explain before I come to WA and kick your Honda lovin' BUTT!!??
:D

·
Registered
993 Posts
Re: Ridgeline and the fairer sex

mcneon said:
Now the question: Have any of you guys noticed that women seem to love this thing? I know Joe Diffie sang that "There's just something women like about a pickup man," but what's the deal?

Bob
I think it's because we can help them move. :D

L

·
0 Posts
Re: Ridgeline and the fairer sex

Ridge said:
Okay, I'll just let you load that fridge by yourself then. ;)
Well...you see..being almost 5'10", &%@pounds and a FF for the past 30 years..I just might surprise you.
WHO THE HELL AM I KIDDING....
I'm sorry..you're right....HELP!!!!!
( this was the theatrical production of a damsel in distress )

·
Registered
176 Posts
ladyridge said:
EXCUSE ME!!!! :mad:
There have been two things in my life that have struck a nerve with me, like this comment did, in my entire life. ( we won't go into them :rolleyes: )
Care to explain before I come to WA and kick your Honda lovin' BUTT!!??
WOW, I did not mean women in general, I meant you should not let anyone (man or woman) drive your vehicles if you do not know them well. I have been down this road, and it just happened to be a woman who I barely knew. Lets just say I was responsible for the damage.....and we won't go into details. Sorry if it was taken the wrong way, would not want to mess with the "QUEEN OF THE ROC". :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ladyridge is a Queen?!?!! Oooh, I know I'm new, but can I be a princess? or maybe a lady in waiting?? :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
I-VES Dvd system $2037
Rear view camera $497

Ladyridge's EXCUSE ME!!!!
Priceless

1 - 16 of 16 Posts