Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if been asked before. Does the Scanguage II read the transmission temp on a 2019 RTLE-AWD? And the coolant temp?

Thanks

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yes, ATF and coolant temp. Read the below link. You will need to program the x-gauge code.

Reactions: smufguy

·
Registered
2019 RT Ridgeline ~ Luna Silver
553 Posts
More coolant codes. Ct1 block... ct2 radiator...
—-
Below are the XGauge codes for coolant temperature:

Coolant Temp #1 (°F)
TXD: 0EF1228A10
RXF: C32200000000
RXD: 2008
MTH: 00090005FFD8
NAME: CT1

Coolant Temp #2 (°F)
TXD: 0EF1228A10
RXF: C32600000000
RXD: 1808
MTH: 00090005FFD8
NAME: CT2

Try changing the the first two characters of the TXD to 10 (instead of 0E) if the above codes don't work.

On page 40 of the user manual you will find instructions on how to enter these codes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the codes! Now can someone tell me the acceptable range for the TFT and the block and radiator coolant? I am going to be towing a camper and so want to keep an eye on this.
2019 RTL-E AWD

·
Registered
2019 RT Ridgeline ~ Luna Silver
553 Posts
Not sure what is normal when towing w a RL. Just driving around I normally see 170-185*.
ive been told as long as you stay below 225-230* towing your ok. Not sure what temp the RL will give an overheat warning.
Here’s a chart to go by. Best I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I’ve seen that chart many times over the past ...20??... years. It’s been a handy reference for me, too. We know it’s out of date simply because the newest vehicles tuner higher ATF temps regularly, but don’t normally fail within 60-100k miles. However, I also don’t have anything better, so I still mentally refer to it as a rule of thumb.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I could have sworn that I saw a thread/post here, within this forum, saying that 264F TFT triggered the overheat warning. Now, for the life of me, I can't find it again....must have been hallucinating. 🤷‍♂️

Has anybody seen a more up to date chart?.....showing higher normal temps?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
There’s definitely a post with a specific number for the tranny overheat warning light in the G2. I didn’t recall that number, but there’s definitely a number claimed.

Reactions: YetiXing
1 - 9 of 9 Posts