Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Administrator
15,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He just lost all credibility in my eyes with this one.

Here's the part of the transcript where he talks about the Ridgeline:

"...now the next pickup truck not to buy used is the Honda Ridgeline, Honda hey they started out as a motorcycle company, then they made little cars, then they made them better and better and better and better, but let's face it they were never a truck company now I do have to say the newer Honda pickup trucks, 2018 and newer they seem to be better built than the earlier ones are, but hey in this video I'm talking about used pickup trucks not to buy, so you don't want to buy one of these Honda pickups really, I've seen ridgeline engines blow up, for a pickup truck they're really not that good at hauling things, they just don't have the power, especially here in the United States most people get automatic transmissions, and they're weak automatic transmissions just the way that it goes with Honda products, there are so many other pickups out there, there'd be no reason to buy the Honda, it just wouldn't make any sense, they don't have that great a track record, they're not really a full-size pickup truck, their kind of in between, I've had a few customers with them and let me tell you, none of them were really satisfied with them..."

1. Evidence suggests that the first generation (2006-2014) Ridgeline was actually "better built" than the second generation (2017-current).

2. How many Ridgeline with blown up engines have you seen? You're a mechanic - I'm sure you've seen engines "blow up" in everything from Chryslers (which you hate) to Toyotas (which you love). Blown up Ridgelines engines are very rare.

3. Ridgelines are excellent at hauling things. Unlike other mid-size trucks, they can haul 4x8 construction materials flat between the wheel wells and the cargo capacity is equal to or better than some full-size trucks.

4. The performance of the 2006-2014 Ridgeline was competitive during its day. The 2017 Ridgeline was the fastest mid-size pickup until the Colorado edged it when GM added more gears.

5. The 5-speed automatic transmission used in the 2006-2014 Ridgeline has proven itself to be extremely reliable and one of the best automatic transmissions Honda has ever made.

6. There are many reasons to buy a Ridgeline over other mid-size trucks from comfort to handling to efficiency to AWD capability to storage to reliability to resale value.

7. Ridgelines have an excellent track record.

8. Ridgeline owners as a whole tend to be extremely satisfied with them. I've had five of them so far and will keep buying them until they stop making them or there's a better vehicle that suits the needs of most pickup buyers.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Sounds like a complete fool to me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ha-Ha,

That was pretty funny; almost like a "Truck Satire" if there is such a thing [2:48 timestamp].

Scotty really have no facts or foundation in that video that would give his statements any credibility so then it simply becomes his opinion.

I bought my 2018 RTLE new and my friend purchased a 2017 RTLE Black Edition used; he is very pleased and satisfied with his purchase.

So "Next!"

·
Administrator
15,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Who the hell is Scotty Kilmer and why should I care what he thinks or has to say?
He's an automotive mechanic/adviser who apparently works on cars in his driveway at his home in Houston and has been publishing car repair videos on YouTube for over a decade.

He has some good advice and can be mildly entertaining at times, but lately it seems that he's shifted his focus from being a mechanic to becoming a YouTuber.

I've enjoyed watching some of his videos in the past, but this video just prompted me to unsubscribe from his channel.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
He's an automotive mechanic/adviser who apparently works on cars in his driveway at his home in Houston and has been publishing car repair videos on YouTube for over a decade.

He has some good advice and can be mildly entertaining at times, but lately it seems that he's shifted his focus from being a mechanic to becoming a YouTuber.

I've enjoyed watching some of his videos in the past, but this video just prompted me to unsubscribe from his channel.
Gotcha. Thanks for the heads-up, but I still don't care....

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,296 Posts
Here we go with the usual uneducated posters saying the RL is NOT a truck! Lol.

Well, OK, if they're referring to the G2 RL. :D :D

·
Registered
240 Posts

Don’t forget that he has a Toyota Celica with 250,000.......We getting it Scotty... you lovvveee Toyotas...... A wise man once told me... Don’t argue with an idiot... you only become one yourself.

·
Super Moderator
5,385 Posts
Here we go with the usual uneducated posters saying the RL is NOT a truck! Lol.

Well, OK, if they're referring to the G2 RL. :D :D
Scotty really threw shade on you G1 owners. He lost me right after he talked about a multitude of transmission failures on the Ridgeline.

Sometimes guys on YouTube make these insane lists based only on hearsay or rumors. Scotty should be required to edit this video until he comes up with some facts.

·
Registered
554 Posts
He's got 50 years experience fixing cars. If it's on youtube it must be legit.

Yeah his videos are 90% fluff. I wonderful much he pays youtube to promote his videos. Same with this guy from down under. I was like who are you? Why is Google pushing you into my suggested page. It's the new spam.

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Who the hell is Scotty Kilmer and why should I care what he thinks or has to say?
Haha, ya beat me to it! What a jackwagon. My sis lives in Houston, the heat & humidity can fry your brain. :surprise:

Actually, anyone who would buy something solely on the advise of others is a bit of a fool, IMO.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Haha, ya beat me to it! What a jackwagon. My sis lives in Houston, the heat & humidity can fry your brain. :surprise:

Actually, anyone who would buy something solely on the advise of others is a bit of a fool, IMO.
Hey, thanks for helping me out. Between your suggestion of "jackwagon" and this utter buffoon named Killme or whatever, I've just coined a new term.

Jackwagon + asshat = Asswagon. Which sounds like a perfect name for this Killme guy.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts