Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,373 Posts
I expect that will mostly bring down the prices of models available at fleet discounts (which is most brands, but not Honda). There may be too many Altimas, Malibus, and Camrys, but they won't be dumping any Accords or other Honda models into the used market.
You are absolutely correct. Referencing our previous mention of the 2016 Honda Civic LX, it is one of the only cars for sale at Echopark that has an asking price higher than the KBB price. No other Honda's or Toyota's share that distinction. The Scotty affect is still in play!

Reactions: zroger73

·
Super Moderator
5,373 Posts
Doesn’t look like Hertz is going out of business, according to the article, but rather debt restructuring. Big difference.
I agree, they neglect to pay their debts, which will be pushed onto the banks, which will in turn be pushed onto the taxpayers. The banks never lose.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I believe if banks/businesses get a “bailout“, the bailout funds are from taxpayer dollars. Didn’t see anything in that article talking about Hertz, or Hertz creditors, receiving bailout funds. A Google search will reveal hundreds of banks that have lost it all and are defunct.

·
Super Moderator
5,373 Posts
I believe if banks/businesses get a “bailout“, the bailout funds are from taxpayer dollars. Didn’t see anything in that article talking about Hertz, or Hertz creditors, receiving bailout funds. A Google search will reveal hundreds of banks that have lost it all and are defunct.
I understand some banks will fail and some have. Someone has to pay the billions of dollars that Hertz owes. It will ultimately be the taxpayer. If the debt is not paid, then creditors will be on the hook and they will pass those losses onto you and me, in the form of higher prices, higher taxes, etc.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I believe Hertz is restructuring their debt......more time to pay all the debt they owe (hopefully) vs a bailout. Most lending institutions would rather be re-paid 100 pennies on each dollar owed (at a later date) than a few pennies on each dollar owed, today. Price increases get passed to the consumer every day.......as someone else (here) said, that’s capitalism.

I’m thinking more companies (unfortunately) will be falling into the same situation as Hertz.....their probably saying “thanks chicoms”.

·
Super Moderator
5,373 Posts
I expect that will mostly bring down the prices of models available at fleet discounts (which is most brands, but not Honda). There may be too many Altimas, Malibus, and Camrys, but they won't be dumping any Accords or other Honda models into the used market.

Reactions: zroger73

·
Administrator
14,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
I'm surprised they have any Hondas at all!

When I look at all their vehicles for sale within 1,000 miles of me, I show only 67 Hondas compared to tens of thousands of other makes. The two closest Honda dealers to me alone have a total of 66 used Hondas for sale.

·
Super Moderator
5,373 Posts
61 - 69 of 69 Posts