Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Scum bags

6K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  henni 
#1 · (Edited)
What do these scum bags mean by :

« This notice is to inform you that your 2019 HONDA RL is in need of a vehicle protection update in order to ensure its optimal operation ».

I have been getting these post cards and letters everyweek from these scum-bags.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
They want you to call them so they can sell you an aftermarket warranty. Trying to look like a recall notice to trick people. I started getting phone calls when my truck was only 3 months old. I was like I have another 2.75 years before the factory warranty runs out I hadn't even done the first oil change yet. "Oh but if you buy now we'll give you a great deal, it could cost twice as much when your factory warranty runs out, youshould buy it today, and our coverage won't start until the factory warranty runs out". Yeah a lot can happen in 2 years. It could be totalled tomorrow for all I know. Who would ever buy one that far in advance?

#12 ·
I've been getting them as well within a few weeks of taking ownership. They never make it in the house. Right in the recycle bin. I do enjoy the calls on the way home. Tell them I have a 2004 Saturn Ion with 375K on it and beg them to get me coverage. Usually keeps them on the phone for at least 20 minutes before they finally hang up on me. Doesn't stop them calling though and keeps the commute entertaining.

Reactions: zroger73
#13 ·
I've found that to be one of the most effective ways to get placed on a "do not call" list - I can't repeat most of the things I've said to them. Every now and then, I'll get a hold of one that is entertained enough to laugh and tell me to have a nice day. I've had a few that would start yelling and swearing at me after realizing they got played. I wish there was an easy and convenient way to record some of these conversations. :)

#15 ·
Perhaps the most annoying of all is 1-2 advertisements each week in the mail from my cable provider (Suddenlink) trying to get me to sign up for the very services I've had for seven years. Adding insult to injury, they advertise incredibly low rates that are only available to new subscribers and won't honor those prices for existing subscribers unless you cancel all services for a minimum of 30 days. As is often the case, there is no alternative to their internet service. A couple of years ago, I saved up the junk mail for two years and shipped it to Dexter Goei, the president of the company. The junk mail quickly stopped for a while, but eventually started up again.

#16 ·
Moderator Note: Thread Moved

This isn't a specific issue to the Second Gen or even Ridgeline, as I get them for my '15 Fit, '16 CR-Z & '17 Accord, but this is a better location than the 2G portion of the forum.

Reactions: zroger73
#17 ·
I bought a 2009 Nissan Altima new in the summer of 2009. It was totaled in February 2010 when I was rear-ended on the highway by someone texting while driving. I have moved about a half-dozen times since then, and that is the one and only vehicle that I constantly get mail about. Most of the time it is from various Nissan dealerships that "need" my specific 2009 model and will give me a special deal on a new one but I get plenty of extended warranty and other offers too from non dealers.

#18 ·
By posting this, I was hoping to have a lot of people calling them to disrupt their scam; to trick them/waste their time (like ZRoger73 ( post #13))... and make them look for another scam not so obvious.
I used to put Return to Sender and mail it back... but the post office just throw them away, and keep making money on that type of mail !
I guess they have an understanding with mailers of that type to do just that (dispose of it and not to send it back)... and keep making a few pennies on those prepaid junk!
I hardly get any real mail : I do pretty much everything online... and at one time I thought of just knocking my mail box down and see what happens... just at which time Amazon (which I used a lot for small items) started using also the Post Office for their deliveries...

#19 ·
zroger73 said:
I've found that to be one of the most effective ways to get placed on a "do not call" list
The very best method is to use Google Voice number(s) for all car registrations. Then allow GV to automatically manage the incoming calls with filters via email routing. You can easily create filters based on number patterns (*yes, even partial number regular expression RegEx rules) or partial word patterns and send copies of the messages to multiple email addresses in case some important messages need to be read by human eyes.

We ported all our ATT lines to Google (paid $40) and as of today have over 3,000 numbers either blocked or automatically managed as Spam by Google. The difference is that Block gets incoming caller a "Number is not in service.." message. Autorules also monitor incoming NEW numbers without any voice message and three(3) times within 90 days places that number into Spam list and continues to monitor. None of these numbers ring on any of our devices, it is all managed in the cloud. Family members, Friends calling these numbers are automatically routed to our other numbers.

We also create a new email address for each new car. Each has specific rules to control spam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.