Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sealed the deal to day on a 2007 RTL w/NAV bought the first week of 2007. I won't pick it up until later in the week but the seller and I agreed on the price and pickup date that work for us both. Here's the deal, 07' Nimbus with NAV, 19,600 miles, extended Honda Care warranty out to 2013. Has the Retrax aluminum cover and the door guards, moon roof wind block. I was able to get all the records from the original dealer and the owner had it in for 3K oil changes, 15K servicing. I'm buying it for $22K and the warranty transfers to me as the new owner for an extra $50. The truck is spotless, shiny and in perfect condition. I think I did well but it's tough to tell since there aare not that many RTL Navis on the used market. Been towing my jetskis and bikes with the wife's minivan for 7 years already. I'm excited to have a truck that will meet multiple needs and be mine. The only thing I think I want it the backup camera to see my trailer tongue (oh yea, I need to buy a hitch for it) and the roof rack and surfboard option. Let me know how I did. I'll post pics later in the week when the deal is done.:act030:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sounds like you did fine. I grabbed my '07 RTS from a dealer last year w/ 33,000 miles for $2100, and considered it a good deal. You got leather/Nav, 10K less miles, and the extended warranty to boot!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sounds like you did fine. I grabbed my '07 RTS from a dealer last year w/ 33,000 miles for $2100, and considered it a good deal. You got leather/Nav, 10K less miles, and the extended warranty to boot!
WOW!!! You got an amazing deal! Possibly the best deal ever on a Ridgeline! :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
lol, don't I wish!! :act024::act024::act060:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Sounds like a nice deal and it's just barely broken in, it's nice to know that the Ridge holds it's value, I bought my 07 new in late 06 and while at the dealer last week for routine service and looking at the showroom had a dealer tell me that trade in value for mine was around your price... of course he was trying to put me in a new Accord Crosstour....

·
Registered
804 Posts
Sounds like you got an outstanding deal on an outstanding truck! I think you'll really enjoy it! Welcome to ROC.:act035:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sweet deal if you ask me. In October of last year I was considering trading my 07 in. I ran it by carmax to get an idea of what they are worth. It is a 2007 RTL, no nav. At the time it had 15,000 miles on it. They offered me $22,000 for it. At that time they were selling similar vehicles for around $24,500. So to get what you got for $22k, I think is an awesome deal!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the responses and your own experiences. I think we all like to know how we did good or bad especially when buying used. I figure the truck has depreciated 33% in price but only about 3.3% in usability since new. The warranty really makes me feel good about this. OK, I need to get a hitch for this thing within the next few weeks. Do I need the hitch +wiring harness or just the hitch? Is it worth the $ to go OEM or just take it to Uhaul and let them slap their hitch on it? I am thinking about reaching out to all the RTX sellers on Craigslist and offering them $200 to come pull off their hitch. I know so few people actually use their hitches and just bought the RL for the bed alone. This will be my truck for all my toys and the hitch and four wheel is an integral part of my summer fun. Thank you everyone for the kind welcome too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Makes it a bit easier to negotiate when you learn he has a Lexus, motorcycle and a BMW convertible already in his stable of things to drive and was a cash buyer of all four when new. I assume the novelty of the RL wore off and he probably has his eye on a new toy and my $22K gets him there quicker. Nice car lovin' guys with excess $$ are always great to buy from. I wonder if he has a beach house he's tired of....:act062:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Edmunds.com is a pretty good reference, check it out if you haven't already.

I can tell you one thing, 19K is nothing on one of these trucks. Bet you could sell it for a profit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts