Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was just in to the Honda dealership regarding the rear seat belts not retracting fully - kids unbuckle, get out of back seat, and the seat belt doesn't retract all the way back in. It seems the spring (?) isn't strong enough to pull the latch back up when pulled out. A 2018's belts in the showroom worked well retracting all the way. The dealership called Corporate and they said there are no reported cases in Canada. They have replaced all the rear seat belts but the new ones are also too weak to retract the belt fully (although better then the year old ones).

My request to you guys is if you could check if your three rear seat belts are strong enough to pull the latch of a stretched out seat belt back to the fully in retracted position - middle one especially.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a 2008 civic EX-L and it was the worlds worst for poor seatbelt retraction. I tried to find used replacements at a salvage yard and realized they all had the same problem. I eventually spoke to a technician who said it was a very common issue among Honda’s to have weak seatbelt retractors. My RL has been very good with the seatbelt fully retracting and having no slack in the belt. Of course the truck only has 8k miles on it so far. All of my rear seatbelts fully retract with quite some vigor and so do the ones in my buddy’s RTL-E which has less miles than mine.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Mine seems to work fine... but this may very well have been the first time I've ever pulled the center one all the way out and let it go back in... at 60k miles on my 2017. The two on the side seem to work fine as well, but they've probably been pulled out a few dozen times in the lat 3 years. So I'm not much help really in terms of back seat belts. My front ones are still good. knock on wood

1 - 3 of 3 Posts