Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2013 loaded with leather. Does anyone else feel the seat heaters don't really warm up enough.... I have taken my truck back to Honda they say they are operating just fine. During summer they are not made to come on according to Honda. Now that it's cold they only get slightly warm and seems like it cycles on and off..... took it back in and Honda says that's how it's designed. They gave me there minivan as a loaner and it warmed up nicely. My Chrysler car during summer or winter gets hot . I have bad back and want to drive with seat heater on all the time summer or winter. I'm actually considering trading in my truck just because of this issue it's a deal breaker. Is it just mine with issue and Honda doesn't want to fix it.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
I am on RL #3, my current one is a 2013 as well and I have never had a problem with the seat heaters. I actually will only turn mine on low because the high gets too hot for me. I noticed it takes 10-15 minutes to warm up but after that the seats get warm.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
2010 RTL here. Not sure how warm the right side gets , don't sit in it. Left could cook a ham. Have to turn it off. Have hit switch in summer time and known pretty quick seat heater was on.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
2011 RTL here. Can only use high setting briefly as seat gets too hot quickly. However low setting doesn't get very hot unless I use high first then put it on low. If I just put it on low it takes forever to get warm, much less hot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Several different experiences, from members here. I've also read other seat heater posts recently.... I'm left unsure what to do. I love the truck but find lack of seat heaters and uncomfortable seats in general. This is first truck I've owned, I've always had large comfy family cars. I've owned the truck a little over 6 months and can't get use to these seats at all . I can't take it on long trips they hurt my back, more so than my car does and car has hot seat heaters to help.....

Are there any more comfy seats that can be semi early swapped out . What controls the seat heaters can I bypass or tweak it anyway.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Maybe try another Honda dealer? Or you can probably take it to an upholstery shop and get new foam for the seats.. either harder or softer and while they have the seats torn down ask if they could install new seat heaters (either factory or aftermarket). You can also go with these.. but they are not cheap katzkin.com

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I have a 2013 loaded with leather. Does anyone else feel the seat heaters don't really warm up enough.... I have taken my truck back to Honda they say they are operating just fine. During summer they are not made to come on according to Honda. Now that it's cold they only get slightly warm and seems like it cycles on and off..... took it back in and Honda says that's how it's designed. They gave me there minivan as a loaner and it warmed up nicely. My Chrysler car during summer or winter gets hot . I have bad back and want to drive with seat heater on all the time summer or winter. I'm actually considering trading in my truck just because of this issue it's a deal breaker. Is it just mine with issue and Honda doesn't want to fix it.

2007 RTL seat heaters work fine since we purchased truck Feb 2007. They get hot even with Wet Okole seat covers on I got them the spring of 2007 so went thru the end of winter into that spring of 2007 without them on seats. Only reason got them sister is not as good as taking care of vehicle as me I thought it better she should have covers on seats because she eats/drinks more in vehicles then I do.
But from purchase I compared Ridgeline seat heaters to the ones in my 2000 Acura 3.2TL.
The 2000 Acura seat heaters get warmer much quicker then Ridgeline but they function the same way with cycle in high switch position and maintain same heat in low switch position. I have only compared loaner Acura vehicles seat heaters they seem to work the same in the vehicles I had. The last that I used seat heater was a 2014 TSX it was early spring 2014 and I put 120 miles highway miles on it early on a Sunday. 2017 loaner RDX AWD Tech I had this summer in heat of June was not thinking about seat heaters.

Reactions: shahin_arredondo

·
Registered
49 Posts
I find the seat heater take 3 to 4 mins to feel like they are starting to warm up and by another 3 mins they are too hot on hi. I find it does take a few mins til they feel like their working but the heat up quickly after that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to take it to a different Honda dealer to have them take a look. The fact that some say there seats get hot. I know it's possible. I would even settle for warm but neither position low or high really produce much of any heat even after couple hour drives. And I might look into getting the seat cushions redone I never thought about that.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm going to take it to a different Honda dealer to have them take a look. The fact that some say there seats get hot. I know it's possible. I would even settle for warm but neither position low or high really produce much of any heat even after couple hour drives. And I might look into getting the seat cushions redone I never thought about that.

I live in Canada and my heated seat is one of the best feature of my ridgeline. Very warm in the winter and sometimes I have to set it to the low setting. Something is wrong with your heaters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts