Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
17,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Honda,

The 6AT shift lever that you put into the 2016 Pilot and will likely make it into the second generation Ridgeline is ugly, but if if the Ridgeline gets seat-mounted armrests instead of a center console armrest then you just lost a sale. I've bought three Ridgelines, a Civic, and an Accord since 2006. Not only are the seat-mounted armrests uncomfortable to me, but I need the larger, flat, elevated surface that the center console armrest provides as a work area. If it is too late to make this happen for production models, then at least offer a reasonably-priced accessory center console armrest. Then and only then will I consider buying a fourth Ridgeline. If this doesn't happen, then I'll take take my business to another manufacturer that understands the importance of a usable armrest. The Ridgeline is the only Honda product that works for me that I am interested in.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
while I want a front cloth bench seat with a stick shift on the floor. Someone's gonna be disappointed.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Its only a box kleenex size from what I here, you see the size of some of those purses nowa days. Even the women drivin them might complain.

·
Registered
579 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I like the seat mounted ones better but can live with either. I do find myself sliding the center one up in both my Honda's which interferes with what's under it.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I thought I would dislike the individual armrests in the CR-V but I like them better - the wife hogged the one on the Ridgeline with things that poked me going down the road - no place to put the pokey things with the CR-V design. Just wish they had more padding where my bottom rests. I guess with heated seats they cannot put much padding in the seat bottom and back.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
They might have asked what's a Ridgeline we do not make that vehicle:act002:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I agree with the OP. It would not be the thing that keeps me from buying one, but I definitely prefer the center console armrest of my RL over the seat mounted ones in the wife's CR-V.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pewter pacific metallic
2,614 Posts
Sorry guys, I'm a guy "lives" in his Ridgeline and I like the seat mounted ones better. I even had a GM vehicle a few years ago that had the seat mounted armrests on both sides. It didn't get better than that.

Now I have to say I'm not crazy about the new Pilot center console. I like the one in my Ridgeline much better.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Had the fold up elbow pokers on my 1st Gen Tundra.
Not a fan of them and luckily haven't had them since.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Chattanooga Newspaper few days ago review of 2016 Pilot gives impression of more space without large center stack armrest.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I like the Gen 1 arm rest, but it can get in the way sometimes. Most often, it becomes a pain in my wife's side as she leans in my direction on longer trips.

I was noticing in the general comments thread that several are worried about the width of the Pilot armrest. I was also a little concerned. Then I noticed the width of the door armrest (driver's left side). As long as it is that wide, it should be no problem concerning width.

A second thought: I learned last week that an electric version of one of the popular japanese suvs stores the batteries in the compartment between the seats. IF electric motors are in store for a future RL, the Gen 2 layout may have something to do with that. (Not that they couldn't incorporate batteries in the Gen 1 assembly).

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Ergonomics are a big part of vehicle purchase. I almost passed on buying the Ridgeline because, due to steering wheel design and lack of telescoping steering column, I could not get comfortable. The 2009 refresh changed the wheel design JUST enough that I got comfortable. That was a close call, because I almost missed getting a truck that was otherwise BY FAR the best choice on the market for my lifestyle.

For armrests, I too strongly prefer the Gen 1 style. My father's CR-V has attached small armrests and neither one of us can find comfort with them, so they are folded out of the way. Fortunately, I recently found a company that makes larger replacements, so I'll install them and see how good they are.

So, when it comes to a future vehicle, I would not avoid the best overall vehicle when it's possible for aftermarket modifications to tweak it to suit personal needs or tastes.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Of anything I get the most complements for on my truck besides the lift after ten years its the Steel Blue. Again tonight another interested person loved the color and the lifted look. Honda bring it back.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts