Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recently purchased in Puget Sound metro area? I am currently considering a blue RTS.I want to purchase at invoice and no doc fees.
I am starting with costco on the internet and don't expect alot from that direction but I feel that with the dealer "back end" 1000$ rebate I should be able to get to invoice with other negotiating directions.Anyone? Btw, I plan on using internet pricing across the country to negotiate with.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well,I just got off the phone with the one and only costco listed dealer.They didn't have an rts but had a base rtl for 30,257$ :mad: .It only had splash gaurds and wheel locks so I asked about the "back end" 1000$ to which he said "that goes to the owner".When we talked about invoice pricing,he almost gasped :confused:.That's 1200$ over invoice,I cain't believe that they should be that far off the mark considering some of the posts I have read here.
I hate to think when I get down to real negotiating that I am not going to have very good luck(I have a hunch).I really don't want to get into a 3 state area search because I want to have a dealer in the sate that is close by that can be of service when needed.
Costcos plan is a waste of time and I am also afraid that the 6 area dealers will be price fixing.I noticed that a sales person south of me posted(h20 something) that he thought a price for an rtl near msrp was a good price(drats to you).
Well, the search has begun and if the dealers in my area turn this into something of a misery I will buy American.Gawd I hate dealers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a quote from Honda of Seattle of $500 over invoice in early June. Check with them - talk to Internet Sales guy.

Costco program won't help much. When I bought, they didn't even have pricing for the Ridgeline. But either way, many dealers won't play with the Costco #s, but will play with the price outside of the Costco program.

I checked about 10 dealerships in WA state and Seattle had the best price. I bought elsewhere because of trade-in value. But they were very responsive and friendly.

PM me and I will get you more info about who I talked to and the pricing they gave me.

I got a Silver RTL Navi - Love it! Blue was my second choice - nice color.

-SeattleRidge

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi SR,thanks for the response.I will PM you in the near future about your experience.Renton H,deadend.Just got off the phone with Burien,(because there internet sales is broke) gave them an offer.They called back and said "no can do, good luck and bye bye" ,I hope their stuff rots on the lot.I'll be working my way from close(kent) to far(cal) and I'm hoping to get a fair deal like you.
If I have to,I may look at ID,OR or Cal.I would like very much to purchase locally but in past car purchases it has not been pleasent in this state.For some reason there is a real take it or leave it attitude with dealers here and I can only assume that H will only be the same or worse.
Sorry if I sound so negative but buying cars in our local area is like a certain medical exam that people don't like to go through :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
igot12 said:
Hi SR,thanks for the response.I will PM you in the near future about your experience.Renton H,deadend.Just got off the phone with Burien,(because there internet sales is broke) gave them an offer.They called back and said "no can do, good luck and bye bye" ,I hope their stuff rots on the lot.I'll be working my way from close(kent) to far(cal) and I'm hoping to get a fair deal like you.
If I have to,I may look at ID,OR or Cal.I would like very much to purchase locally but in past car purchases it has not been pleasent in this state.For some reason there is a real take it or leave it attitude with dealers here and I can only assume that H will only be the same or worse.
Sorry if I sound so negative but buying cars in our local area is like a certain medical exam that people don't like to go through :)
I hear ya, I have found very few good car dealerships that don't play games. Unfortunately, they usually don't have the lowest price.

When you PM me, I'll tell you about the local dealerships I felt were good and the bad ones too.

Talk to you soon.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got a $500 over at Honda of Kirkland. I was in town for the weekend...from the east side of the state, and told them I was buying today. Wanted Redrock RTL S/R Nav....Salesman said he just got one in. I called 3 dealers heading out of town from my sisters. The 1st on the list was HOK. The second, Bellevue Honda called me in the final stages of negotiation and said he had one too....HOK told me to hang up, I bought myself a Ridge!! :)

JR

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hi. I just bought my Black RTL with NAV from Honda of Seattle today. I got it at invoice but they screwed me on my trade so I really paid a bit more. I went to Honda of Renton the day before but they were so rude, I ended up walking out during the sale.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'll try Seattle H for an internet quote and see if I can get it at invoice.Funny how an all cash deal doesn't get much attention from these fine sales people.I hope they have an RTS in blue.
My wife test drove one last night.She is short(4'11") and thought visibility was difficult for her and the seating couldn't get her in the right position for the gas pedal.I told her she didn't need to see because she wasn't going to drive the Ridge and if she did I was going to glue a block of wood on to her shoe for the gas :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
igot12 said:
I think I'll try Seattle H for an internet quote and see if I can get it at invoice.Funny how an all cash deal doesn't get much attention from these fine sales people.I hope they have an RTS in blue.
My wife test drove one last night.She is short(4'11") and thought visibility was difficult for her and the seating couldn't get her in the right position for the gas pedal.I told her she didn't need to see because she wasn't going to drive the Ridge and if she did I was going to glue a block of wood on to her shoe for the gas :D
I just wanted to touch base with you about our deal of $500 over invoice. If you can beat it by all means you should buy it, but please do not just take my number to the nearest dealer and buy it there. I already have a red one held at another dealership, and can have it this afternoon if you want it. Please let me know. Thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts