Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, we have the low end system. Not touchscreen.

My phone stays paired, but not hers. We pair it, she can make and receive calls, but when we travel together the next time, her phone is not paired.

·
Registered
301 Posts
First, we have the low end system. Not touchscreen.

My phone stays paired, but not hers. We pair it, she can make and receive calls, but when we travel together the next time, her phone is not paired.

Yours is primary. You can switch devices on the menu setting but your is always primary by default.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know mine is primary, but why won't hers stay paired?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know mine is primary, but why won't hers stay paired?
Only one can be "paired" to the radio at one time. So when you both travel together, yours is primary, so the radio keeps your phone paired. When she travels alone, or if you turn off your bluetooth on your phone, hers will sync up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why does the second phone, hers, stay paired sometimes, and other times slips out of pairing mode.

Yes, multiple phones can be paired to the '17 with the standard audio system. I have my phone paired, and her phone paired as an additional. When she is in the passenger seat and a call comes to her phone, she can take it on the car system. If the pairing is active and working for her phone.

But intermittently, the phone slips out of being paired, and a call comes to her phone directly and not through the car system.

Why is this happening?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Why does the second phone, hers, stay paired sometimes, and other times slips out of pairing mode.

Yes, multiple phones can be paired to the '17 with the standard audio system. I have my phone paired, and her phone paired as an additional. When she is in the passenger seat and a call comes to her phone, she can take it on the car system. If the pairing is active and working for her phone.

But intermittently, the phone slips out of being paired, and a call comes to her phone directly and not through the car system.

Why is this happening?
the bluetooth has two settings..1) connects to stereo and will take phone calls 2) will take phone calls AND play audio via Bluetooth. When primary phone is connected by default it does both audio AND phone call UNLESS the phone is connected via usb/aux then it takes phone calls via bluetooth ONLY and plays music ONLY via usb UNLESS you press on the CD/AUX Button then it changes back to all Bluetooth.

So her phone CAN take phone calls BUT if yours is playing music via Bluetooth her's wont work, you would need to be connected vis usb or aux jack....

play around with the setting and see what works for you. TRY the the CD/AUX setting and on the bluetooth setting make sure BOTH audio and phone are connected for each device

have fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts